Chapter 2

TW: daggers

I was looking forward to the school year. To get away from home and to learn new things.

Today I got to go back to Hogwarts. We left the house and arrived at the train station with enuff time to spare. Olivia saw me and came over to give me a hug "I missed you, I will catch up with you some other time but Harper and Evelyn want me to sit with them and I figure you don't want to sit with them"

"Yeah, not really, but it's great to see you," I replied. I put my bags on the train and found an empty cabin. A few minutes later a boy who looked to be around Mattheo's age poked his head.

"Do you mind if I join you, there are not any open cabins and I don't really know anyone?"

"Sure, I don't mind. Did you transfer schools or are you a first year? I don't recognize you"

"Uhh... yeah, I transferred from another school, I'm Lorenzo Berkshire but everyone calls me Enzo" He introduced "What's your name?"

"Circe. Circe Riddle" I looked at his face to see if he had a reaction to my last name and he did.

"Riddle, like your fathers... the dark... lord?"

"Yes" I nodded my head "That would be my father. So what year are you?" I asked changing the subject

"Second year, I should be going into my third year but I missed a year of school. How about you?"

"Second as well" The train started moving and picking up speed. I looked out the window. I looked back at Enzo and he was still staring at me "Why are you still looking at me?"

"Sorry, I guess I was just trying to figure you out, you seem unique"

"And what have you figured out so far?" I asked

"You're the youngest in your family so everyone underestimates you but at the same time they fear you the same for most everyone who knows you. You seem like you're smart, maybe a bit mysterious and you're aware of your surroundings. You also seem like the type of person who is ok asking for help but only from people you know deeply, also the one who does not want to have a boyfriend or possibly a girlfriend. I'm guessing you're a Ravenin. Am I wrong?"

"Maybe, maybe not, how do you get that much information just by looking at someone?"

"I am observant, you try for me"

"Really?" I asked

"Yeah, see how much you know about me"

I looked at him and thought for a minute "You probably have an older sibling but they had already left the house by the time you were born so you were raised like an only child. I also feel like one of your parents, probably your dad left or died. I see you liking plants and animals but also transfiguration. I'm sorry if this sounds offensive but you seem like the type of student who spent free time on homework and didn't really have that many friends" I finished "Was I right?"

"Pretty much, that's impressive"

Suddenly the cabin door opened and Theodore came in. He looked at Enzo and then at me "Who's this?" He asked

"Lorenzo Berkshire but you can call me Enzo" Theodore nodded his head once then looked back at me.

"What?" I asked

"What do you mean what?" He asked

"I know that look, what happened?"

"Uh... Mattheo and Thomas started arguing and threatening each other so I decided to get away from them"

I put my hands on face and covered my eyes then looked down at the floor "Oh come on" I mumbled "Thomas and Mattheo are my brothers" I told Enzo when he looked confused "Theodore you can stay here and keep Enzo company, I will be back" I left the cabin, closing the door behind me and then found the cabin my brothers were in. There were two other boys who I had seen before in the slytherin common room but I didn't know. They were still arguing. I opened the doors, they had been locked somehow. I stepped to the side to let the unknown boys out then I closed the door behind me. They were still shouting, their eyes crimson and they didn't seem to notice me. I asked them to stop but they still didn't seem to notice me. I cast a silencing charm on the cabin so the other student's wouldn't hear them. I disarmed them and made their wands float just out of reach then I pointed my wand at Thomas and my dagger at Mattheo. "Stop fighting," I shouted. They suddenly realized I was there. I frowned and they stopped. "Why are you guys fighting? And why was the door locked?" I asked in a normal volume and dropped my wand to my side and put my dagger away.

"We didn't want you coming in but apparently you know how to unlock doors" Thomas claimed

"Of course I know how to unlock doors, who doesn't?"

"Told you she knew" Mattheo remarked

"Don't start," Thomas muttered. He tried to get up but I didn't let him. He grabbed my arm and I suddenly felt pain all over my body. Then he grabbed my dagger and threw it at my shoulder, I got mostly out of the way and it still scraped the top of my shoulder. He grabbed his wand as it fell then disappeared and I fell to the floor. Mattheo grabbed me and pulled me up so I could sit. I held my hand on my cut on my shoulder.

"Can I help with the cut?" He asked. I nodded and put his hand on my shoulder then suddenly it felt like it was on fire but seconds later he pulled his hand away and it was healed with only a scar left.

"What is wrong with him?" I asked

"I don't know, what did he do to you when he touched you?"

"I don't really know but it felt like the cruciatus curse but he would never do that. What were you two fighting about?"

"You, him, me, father, we are all messed up"

I looked at my wrist and the place where Thomas had touched me was red. I touched it and it felt like a sunburn. "I should get back, Theodore and Enzo are going to wonder what happened"

"Enzo?" Mattheo asked

"Oh, yeah he's new"

1077 words