Chapter 8

TW: mentions of death, mentions of drinking 

I rolled my eyes "Congratulations, you're a genius. Yes I did"

"Do you not trust me?" He asked

"Trust is earned, you had it but you need to get it back because you lost it"

"How did you get veritaserum anyway? Did you steal it?"

"Nope, I made some over the summer"

"How do I know you're not lying?"

"Do you want me to finish your water?" He picked it up and handed it to me, and I drank the rest.

"Did you steal veritaserum?" He asked again

"No, I made it"

"Who taught you?"

"I taught myself from a book in the library"

"You brought the book home?"

"No, I wrote it down"

"What do you think of me right now?"

I glared at him "I think you don't want to disappoint father and you lost most of my trust in the process plus now I think Mattheo hates you"

"Good to know"

"What do you think of me right now?" I turned the question on him

"I think that you're one of the most powerful people I know, plus you're smart, and clever"

I smiled "Thanks"

(Thomas's pov)

She looked down at her bed, and I wondered if I said something wrong. "What's up"

"The ceiling," She replied. She wasn't wrong but that's not what I wanted.

"I mean why do you suddenly look so sad?"

"Your just talking about my powers that I feel like I can't control, I hope I didn't hurt you earlier, my mind was all over the place"

"Well you did make me feel like 10 of my bones were broken but I am healed now, sorry I didn't mean to say that"

"No, it's ok, I just feel so out of place here. No one really talks to me, classes are too easy and I am slowly falling apart and I am scared that I am going to hurt or kill you, or Mattheo, or Theo, or even Enzo" She started crying and I went and sat next to her she hugged me "I don't know what I would do if I hurt or killed one of you, you boys are like my family, I know you and Mattheo are actually my family but Theo feels like a brother to me and Enzo is a close friend" She suddenly stopped and got up then tuned to face me "I'm going to the astronomy tower, I want some alone time, see you in the morning" She left. Her attitude had changed in the matter of seconds, is that normal? I shrugged my shoulders and went to the room I had been staying in.

(Circe's pov)

I walked through the halls and up to the astronomy tower and Theodore was there. I wanted some alone time but he was always there so I wondered why I thought I would be alone. He turned, surprised to see me.

"I thought you would be asleep"

"I'm tired but I told Thomas I wanted some alone time even if I knew you were going to be here"

"Are you ok?"

"Yeah, I am fine, except for the fact that I have an urge to get drunk to forget my day except for earlier when I had firewhisky it didn't do anything"

"Why ar- did someone give you veritaserum?"

"I did this to myself, I gave it to Thomas then he was wondering if he could trust me so then I took it and now I am annoyed at myself and feel like nothing and I want to get drunk but apparently it has no effect on me anymore" She slapped herself

"What do you mean it doesn't have an effect on you?"

"I felt completely the same after having the firewhisky earlier"

I suddenly felt very very tired and I closed my eyes and fell.

I had a nightmare. In it I had to kill all of my friends plus my brother, I couldn't do it and then I guess I got killed because then next thing I knew I was awake in my bed. How did I get here? I looked around my room and Thomas was standing by the windows. "Why are you here?" I asked

"Your mind, I saw you where having a nightmare"

"That really doesn't answer my question"

"I came to deliver this to you" He had a paper

"What is that?" I asked

"You're getting moved up a year, congratulations. For the next two weeks you will be meeting the teachers to learn everything the third years have learned so far then after those weeks you will join the classes" He explained then handed me the paper. "Oh also you have to choose at least two electives then you can turn it into the room on the bottom of the paper" He left. I looked at the choices and chose Study of Ancient Runes and Care of Magical Creatures. I got changed then I turned the paper in on my way to breakfast. I went over to the Slytherin table and sat next to Thomas. Mattheo was nowhere to be seen.

"I heard you got moved up a year" Enzo started "That's great"

"Thanks" My mouth formed a straight line and I looked down at my food. What's wrong? Thomas asked me in my mind. He was looking down as well. I was just wondering if this means if I were normal would that mean that the summer before my fifth year is closer now? I replied. Define normal in this context. I paused to think. You know, like if father wasn't so interested in my powers. Oh I would suppose so, and that's what's wrong? He asked Yep I replied. I turned to face him and saw his eyes change from a glowing green to his normal dark brown eyes that just kept getting darker through the years.

After breakfast I went back to my room and the boys went to some quidditch related thing, maybe it was a match or something I really didn't pay attention.

I flopped onto my bed and fell asleep instantly, I must have still been tired. I woke suddenly, forgetting my dream. Except for one thing. Mattheo needed help. 

1028 words