Chapter 25

TW: Drinking, daggers

(Circe's pov)

It had been a day since my other self took control. I was listening to the plan Thomas had put together. I didn't like it but it made sense that it would work. After hours and hours of multiple different things, many of which were very painful, I couldn't feel her anymore. At all. Usually I could feel a little bit of her but now it was gone.

The rest of February passed and it was just getting closer and closer to Easter break. It was my birthday, the 7th of March. I had classes and it wasn't one of my favorite birthdays, I almost forgot today was my birthday.

After dinner I headed up to my room and went onto my balcony and drank until I forgot about everything. I couldn't think of it now, my mind wandered there all the time and I hated my mind for it. Mattheo found me out on the balcony.

(Mattheo's pov)

She was lying down on the balcony, staring up at the stars. She had a bottle of firewhisky in her hand "Why are you doing this to yourself?" I asked her

"To forget" She replied

"Forget what?"

"I don't remember, which means it worked"

I helped her up and brought her to her bed then left and went to my common room. I sketched for a little bit and was thinking about what Circe wanted to forget, what was it, what did she want to forget?

For the next week Circe didn't show up to lunch. She came to breakfast sometimes then always dinner but never lunch. I found her in the library most of the time, working on something. One night I decided to go to the astronomy tower and I heard footsteps going up to the tower. When I got to the top I saw Circe standing there, about to open a bottle of firewhisky. I went up to her and took it out of her hand. She turned to face me and her face was red and wet from crying "This isn't going to help you" I told her holding up the bottle I had just taken from her "Tell me what's going on"

She shook her head "It's nothing, just stress" She muttered

"What are you stressed about?"

"School" She replied "Built up anger. Can I be alone?"

"Sure" I replied then left, I wanted to stay but I didn't want to risk her getting angry at me or anything.

(Circe's pov)

I was running through the forest with my brothers. Suddenly they disappeared and I heard them call out of me, they needed help. Everything went black then when I could see again I saw my brothers they were tied to trees with vines and gagged so they couldn't talk. I tried to use magic but it wasn't working, I was helpless. Vines grabbed my feet and started dragging me away from them, deeper into the forest and I tried to grab something but my hands slipped on everything. Everything was black again then I woke up in my bed. The room was pitch black and I waved my hand and the light went on. I ran my fingers through my hair as I tried to breathe and get my heartrate down. Thomas appeared in the room and looked at me "You ok?"

"Why are you here?" I asked

"Your mind" He replied

"Get out of my head"

"You were having a nightmare"

"OMG, you think?" I replied sarcastically "because I totally didn't know that I had a nightmare"

"Circe-" He started

"Leave me alone, I'm fine and want to be alone" He left and I went to the bathroom then I tried to get some sleep.

The next week I missed classes, I was too stressed and felt like my magic could act up at any minute. Now it is the last week of March. Easter break was the first full week of April. This week I didn't even bother showing up for meal times. I just got food from the kitchen when I wanted to. On Thursday during lunchtime I was in my room, on my bed reading. Mattheo and Thomas appeared in my room. "You've been skipping classes?" Mattheo asked

"Yeah, I have just been stressed and I feel like my magic could act up at any moment, why risk it?"

"Circe, you can't miss a week of classes" Thomas replied

I shrugged, "Would you rather me get angry at a classmate and make them fly halfway across the classroom into a wall?"

"No-" He started

"Then don't make me go to classes"

(Thomas's pov)

"You can't miss classes" I repeated a little louder

Her eyes turned crimson and she pulled out her dagger and pointed it at us "You can't force me to do anything that I don't want to do, you don't control me. Besides, schools are not going to help with anything. Anything I learn, I can read in a book. Also my future is already planned for me, I'm not going to get a job or any of that so why do I need to learn these pointless things"

I glared at Circe "Your right, I can't control you, but you better watch what you say before you say the wrong thing"

I grabbed Mattheo's hand and we went back to our dorm. Mattheo pulled his hand away from me "You and Circe know something that I don't, your keeping secrets and I don't like it"

"It's for your safety" I replied

"My safety? What am I going to get killed if I figure it out?"

"No, but it's a secret for a reason and I wish I could tell you but I can't"

"Hmm, I see how it is" He shook his head and left. I went to class. 

974 words