As he watched the picture go up in flames, for the first time since forever Damien did not feel the slightest bit of regret.

As the paper burned away, he came to a decision one that seemed irreversible.

Maybe It was time to throw all of those memories he had of her away. Yes! Madison wasn't important to him in any way whatsoever anymore, and he might not have known it before, using the hate gnawing at him to disguise it but last night at that bar had made him see things more clearly.

Now all he knew was that there was no hope for him and Madison. Their love story was a lost cause and that was all it would ever be.

Walking back to his desk, Damien picked up his telephone ringing for his secretary, and in mere seconds she was in his office.

"You called for me, sir?" She asked, her voice shaky.

Damien suspected it had something to do with the way he had lashed out at her earlier this morning, when she had greeted him but he didn't care.

He turned to her, "Remember I asked you to book a flight to London for me right?"

She nodded, scrolling through the tablet in her hand, "Yes sir. And it has been booked for..."

"Cancel it." Damien cut in, before she could finish her sentence.

His secretary looked confused, "Sir?"

Damien felt his jaw tic as he glared at her. "Are you trying to be incompetent or didn't you hear me the first time? I said you should cancel it." He roared, banging his hand on the table.

"I... I'm s-sorry sir." She stammered, wiping her hand on her skirt, "I did hear you. It's just that if we cancel it now, it'd be impossible to get a refund and—"

"I don't give a fuck about the money." Damien spat irritation coating his face, "Just cancel the flight. The airport can keep the money for all I care! Is that understood?"

The secretary tucked a hair behind her ear and staring at the floor she replied, "Y-yes sir, I understand."

Damien glared at her for a few moments and then he waved her away, not taking his eyes off her form until she scurried out of the office and shut the door behind her.

Damien shook his head.

He was done. He was done with every single thing that concerned Madison. He had decided that he didn't give two fucks about it anymore.

There was no point going to London anymore because it would be futile, stupid, and a waste of good resources, since she wouldn't listen to him or let him speak. He didn't care anymore, he just didn't care at all.

Fuck the rest of it. Fuck her side of the story too. It wasn't important to him.

Whether she was pregnant or not, while she was disowned... well he would not take it upon himself to find out what happened.

Henceforth, Madison Connor was no longer a priority. He tried to convince himself that she never was, and never would be. She was also not relevant to him in any way whatsoever.

He took a deep breath and repeated those thoughts over and over in his head, trying to block out every thought of her, and her on with his life.

Finally when it felt like he had enough, Damien buried himself in the loads upon loads of work that he had piled up on the desk, and slowly began to sieve through them, intent on keeping himself busy.

.......

Madison exhaled in relief as she put down the last crates of bread she had been assigned to set up.