Rubber Goes Brrrr-!!//Chapter 96

Start from the beginning

Faythe laughed at his giddy expression, "Never better-!!" She let out ragged coughs, that made her choke on her sentence, her head hung down as she tried to hold them back.

"Fae-! You shouldn't talk!" Nami rushed over with rapid light steps, she slid to her knees and held the girl up by her shoulders, "The lightning probably caused some faultier to one of your internal organs...!" Nami called out worriedly.

Luffy was about to make his way over but the sudden movement from Enel gaining distance away from the Straw Hat made him stiffen in his spot.

Enel flipped back onto the front railings with his staff ready, "What the hell are you?"

"I ate the Gomu- Gomu Fruit." He answered honestly, "I'm a rubber man!"

"Rubber?" Enel questioned.

Luffy took the chase to rush him, "I'm immune to thunder!"

Enel closed his eyes and said a word that made Faythe uneasy, "Mantra..."

Luffy threw a punch but Enel just side stepped and dodged it with ease. Twisting in the air, the boy sent another attack, "Gomu Gomu Whip!!!"

Enel teleported behind him and Luffy used his hands to stabilize himself on the ground, clamping the soles of his sandles together he sent them behind him, "SPEAR!!"

Enel teleported again and struck Luffy in the head while he was still doing a handstand.

While he was sent flying Enel took the time to double smack him down and up, sending him into the giant golden tribal face of Maxim. His throat was pinned by the tip of Enel's staff, making him struggle for air.

"Cap'!" Faythe strained against her restraints as she tried to tear them off her wrists. Her skin being rubbed raw as she kept tugging at them weakly.

Nami tried holding the red head down, "Fae, no! Your hurting yourself! Stop it, please!"

"But, Luffy-!" Faythe turned to the ginger in worry.

Enel tilted his head at the pinned captain, "I have seen through your attack pattern."

Luffy just stuck his tongue out in an attempt to annoy Enel, "Bleh...!"

"Not all my abilities are thunder-based. Even if you are immune to thunder, I can still deal with you in other ways."

That for sure annoyed Luffy, as he held onto the staff, "Grr!!" He then swung his foot in an attempt to hit him but the God just teleported in a flicker of lightning.

"Simple attacks like that are useless!"

Enel appeared on the railings on the other side by Faythe and Nami's head.

Luffy gritted his teeth as he stumbled down from his spot on the golden face, "Damn it. I can't follow his movement."

Enel then held out his staff as energy started coursing through it again, "Thunder Alchemy!"

Faythe's eyes widened in shock at the transformation of the weapon, "He can do that-!?"

Luffy tilted his head confused, "Huh?"