Camping//Chapter 90

Sitting close to Nami, Faythe was busy writing down the events that transpired when she was away. Her pen scrawling across the paper in a blur of ink and characters.

"This job is so boring!"

The red head glanced up from her notes to see Luffy sprawled out on the ground like a fish out of water.

She turned to see Sanji also looking from his cutting, "You don't have to keep staring at it. When you see water in the container, pour the water into the bottles. That's all you need to do! We have to make sure everyone has water tomorrow!" He then turned to see Zoro and Chopper walking back from gathering ingredients.

"Sanji!! We found a lot of stuff."

"Ah! Good work."

Faythe leaned forward to see their findings, "What'd ya find?"

Chopper held up a basket of plants, "There are walnuts, aloe, bananas, garlic—"

Zoro finished his sentence, holding up his own kills, "—Rats and frogs."

Sanji only grinned and jutted a thumb over his shoulder over to the boiling pot, "Great. Throw them all into the stew."

Nami jumped up in her seat, "Hold it!! There's some weird ones mixed in there."

Sanji turned to Nami with an almost embarrassed look, "That's true... I was careless. You don't like garlic?"

Nami waved him off quickly, "No, no, no!! Not that!!"

Faythe's eyes then trailed over to see Robin walking back holding a giant rock, "Hey, Robin!!" She waved the older woman over.

Nami glanced up and saw the massive size of the rock, "Wow, Robin, what's that blue rock you found!? Is it a gemstone!!?"

Robin chuckled lightly, "...Haha, it's pretty, right? But no, that's not what it is."

Sanji perked up as he got a closer look, "Oh!! Is that crystallized salt? What a good find, Robin-Chan!"

Robin smiled and tilted her head, "I found it by the shore, and thought it would be useful..."

Faythe tapped her chin, "How the hell did it grow to be that big?? It's literally twice the size of Zoro's noggin'!"

"Hey—!"

"Pfft—!" Sanji coughed into his fist before holding out his hands to hold the salt rock, "Of course— In the game of survival, salt is very important!!"

Faythe glanced over at Chopper who was organizing his stocks of herbs, "I'll take aloe and some garlic. Aloe for burn wounds and garlic for disinfectant... These will be helpful to the Knight of the Sky."

Zoro just watched with a frown, "Uh-huh. What about the frogs?"

"Don't need frogs." Chopper stated flatly.

Sanji glanced up from chopping another giant sky fish, "Hey, Zoro!! Get over here and help!!"

Zoro was then tasked to hold a giant flaming rock with two of his blades crossed over the boiling pot, "...My swords were not made for this type of thing..." He strained.

"Shut up. Obey the chef or starve!" Sanji shut him down and told him to drop it.

The swordsmen did as he was told and the sizzling rock made the soup around it at boiling peak.

Luffy trudged over lazily as he watched the whole ordeal, "EEEEEEEEEEEEHH!? We eat the rock too!?" He then tilted his head, "Does it taste good?"

"Recommended if you like broken teeth and bleeding gums!" Faythe called out from her spot. Nami started to stifle a laugh beside her as they both went back to focusing on their own paperwork.