Chapter 27 : The Head Maid

Start from the beginning

"As you wish, your Grace", We ended our conversation.

I went to the basement where all the supplies, important documents history, weapons and etc get store. The sword the duke wanted was called "The Divine Truth", one of the most strongest sword in entire empire.

That sword has been passed from generation through generation. It's able to make people speak the truth and also powerful enough to kill two beasts in one slay. The duke kept that sword at the basement for a few reasons.

One, he doesn't need it since he liked to use regular sword. Two, he only use it in dangerous or urgent situation. Three, he don't liked it since the sword need a big amount of mana. That's all I know.

The sword was kept at the rusty box. I, Sebastian, Tonia and the duke were the only one who knew where the sword was placed. It's not that hard.

After I found the sword, I quickly went back to the duke office and gave him the sword.

"Thank you, Michaela", He smiled.

"Your welcome, your Grace. Be safe on your journey", I bowed and exited the duke office.

I went back to do my work normally but I keep questioned myself.

Why did the duke in the bad mood? Is he going to kill someone? I wonder.....

The thoughts was distracted me with some kind of weird questions. This old woman really worried with her master.

After the duke leave the mansion, the weather started to change quickly. I can see it in the night sky. The black clouds gather around in the sky and there's a few water fall from the sky until it's became more heavy.

The thunder roared as something bad will happen anytime soon. I walked through the dark hallway with a small lantern in my hand. There's no one here. I'm alone.

I was on my final duty to make sure all the maid and other servants were fall asleep. Usually I will do this with Tonia but she was sick. So, I told her to rest and I can handle this myself.

I also has ulterior motive. I need to know what kind of conversation they were talking about as I need to gain more information for the duke sake since duke Buttlin was still here. He such a pervert guy.

I walked toward the duke room where Mellea and duke Buttlin were having a conversation. I blew the candle inside the lantern so they don't know that I was eavesdropping them.

I placed my ear closer to the door. I heard duchess Mellea and duke Buttlin voice. They were talked about something.

"How many children did they find at the abandoned alley?", Mellea said.

"25 kid, my dear. It was a great amount", duke Buttlin laughed.

"Good then. We can produce a lot of money with that but I hope they're not picky", Mellea sighed.

"You mean the filthy rich nobles?", Duke Buttlin said.

"Yes, them! They like to use a kid for their filthy work but I don't care. At least I get money", She giggle.

"True and then we can run away from this stupid empire", Duke Buttlin said proudly.

When I heard about that, I was in completely shocked. Duchess Mellea was so cruel and the most worst woman I ever met.

What kind of wife would liked to leave their own husband!? She was the worst of the worst!

Before I could hear further their conversation, the door was opened by that duke. I was stunned. They knew I was eavesdropping them.

"Michaela, what a great surprise! Let's have a good proper conversation.....INSIDE!", He smirked evilly at me.

He pulled my hair forcedly and drag me inside the room. Then, he throw me to the ground. I saw him close the door.

"Well, well, well... Look who was eavesdropping us. Our poor old maid", Mellea clapped her hand.

"You! You won't get away from this!", I said to her.

"Aww..... So cute. Michaela, you know that you just step on your own grave", She walked slowly toward me and grabbed my neck.

"I gave you two options. Option 1, tell me that did he the one who order you to eavesdropping us and I will let you leave. Option 2, if you didn't tell me, I kill you", She whispered at my ear.

I saw duke Buttlin already draw his sword. He was ready to kill me.

"What's your options, Michaela?", She asked.

"I rather die than broke my loyalty to the duke", Then I punch her really hard on the stomach.

"Ahhhh!!!! You piece of shit!", She shouted in pain and release me from her grip.

I run toward the door but duke Buttlin blocked my way out. He attacked me with his sword but luckily he miss. I kick him on the stomach until he fall to the ground.

I quickly twisted the knob to open the door. I opened the door but I was too late. Duke Buttlin already grabbed my shoulder and  stabbed my left waist. Then, he pulled back his sword. I was in pain but I can't yell or shout since I lost my ability to scream.

I fall to the ground and make a loud thud. I tried to stand up but it was useless. My poor old body can't move. I turn my head toward the hallway and that's when I saw them.

They were stunned when they saw my condition. They both were trembled.

They saw me..... They need to run...

"LADy....... YoUngG... mAstER.... RUN!", I tried to shout but my voice was to weak.

Duke Buttlin pulled my hair and saw Kellen and Kevin at the hallway.

"Shit..... Mellea... I think we got a another huge problem", He shouted.

"Really? What is it!?", Mellea voice sounded angry.

My consciousness was about to fade but I can't die here. I need to protect them!

Sadly, I can't kept my consciousness anymore. Then, everything in my vision went black. I only heard their voice but it's sounded so weak. I can't opened my eyes at all.

I'm sorry.... Duke...