Epilogue

GALE

A few years later. . .

Let's start this all over again. I am aware that I'm happy, more than I've ever been before. A man who has been happily married to the most beautiful girl that one can ever see for almost four years, what's not to love?

To remember something is really cool. But to experience everything all over again is much, much better. I got to make her fall in love with me again, and she gets to experience how I do. We were able to relive our best memories from the past and add some more, sweeter, cuter ones.

She remembers me, she remembers everything that she needs to, and that makes me smile.

We had some arguments, some that ended in me hugging her until she calmed down, and some ended in me crying alone in the bathroom while waiting for her to let me in the bedroom. But all ended happily, with either me or her, coming back to each other.

Willow and Dan were proud parents of twins now, and Dave was engaged with his fiance, Vienne. They hit it off just a year ago, and now they're happily in love.

Cyder now finally worked at Keyword Studios, and her art pieces blew up all across all the social media platforms. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, you name it, it would be there, waiting for the viewer to click that big arrow and share it to the rest of the world.

Ever since that day that Christy remembered me, I had promised to let go of the past, to forget everything that happened. And that's exactly what I've been doing. Letting go and starting from scratch. Just me, Christy, and all the fun, happy memories. No thought of my brother, and no thought about that accident. More of the good, and less of the bad.

I was staring at Christy who was lying on the hospital bed, her hand gripping mine. It hurt like a son of a bitch, but I didn't care. I smile and I couldn't take my eyes off of her, not when a few seconds later, I would become a proud father.

She lets out a scream, and another, and then another followed by digging her long nails into my hand.

"You can do this, bub. Go on." I say, kissing and massaging her temples. "Follow my breath, I'll lead, with each exhale, you push with all your might, okay?"

She nods, and I feel her hand relax, then she grips hard again with a sharp breath exiting her.

Her hand was full relaxed now, and relief washed over me. I looked at her while she nodded slowly, her eyes filled with happiness. Joy. Bliss. Everything that I wanted her to feel.

I close my eyes, and then I kiss her temples, smiling. "We did it, Lev." She whispers.

I open my eyes to hers which were looking at me. "We did." I reply.

Another burst of happiness in my chest. I kiss her again, and I couldn't help but stare at her smile.

The only time I wasn't looking at her was when my newborn son was placed on Christy's chest.

All I could do was smile as a singular happy tear flowed down my eye. My creation. Our creation. I caused a life to diminish, but I was able to create anew. I brought this little guy into this world, and I'll be forever thankful to Christy for giving me the chance to experience the sight of our child.

I look at her, and I see that she was crying. Her tears bought a spark of joy to me. Knowing that what I felt, she was feeling as well. We share the pain, we share the happiness, we share love and we share hate. That's how a relationship should work.

I stare back at my son who now looked like he was smiling. A warm feeling arose in my chest, one that had been touched, accepted, and nurtured by the woman lying down beside me.

And with all the words I could ever think of. These were by far the best ones to say.

With watery eyes, I look down at my future, and I say:

"Welcome to the world, Lars."