Chapter 19

GALE

It's crazy how time flies by. It was only 3 days after Christy had remembered me, and 2 days since I visited Lars's grave, and now I'm already back in my office. The office in the house, not the one that had me trapped between 3 plain white walls and a massive window. It had the best air conditioning, but that couldn't negate the effects of the literal lasers coming through the window. Even if I did close the massive blinds that the office came with, the heat still made its way inside my office.

It was a boring afternoon. After coming back home, I took a shower, and moped around the house, trying to keep myself occupied while waiting for Christy and Cyder.

I snoop around my office which I wasn't able to set up yet. I bought the parts for a computer which I haven't been able to build yet because of the whole one-month please-remember-me thing that happened between me and Christy.

I silently regard the mug that got dusty over the course of the month I didn't spend here.

It still had that small sticker of a little Pizza-man with shades on. The mug itself already had a yellow color, so the sticker was a pretty nice addition.

I glide my finger through the abundance of inkless pens. I lift my finger up and I see a small green line on it.

I glide my whole palm over the pens this time, trying to find out which pen it was.

"There you are." I say, grabbing the chewed pen. . . God dammit.

It was a green gel pen, nothing too fancy. Lars owned it, so it had a pretty high sentimental value. Not that I believe in that sort of crap, but I like having a small reminder that I actually had a little brother. I liked that I was able to take care of a younger version of myself.

I stand up from where I was seated, completely forgetting about the computer I was about to build.

I was about to walk out of the door when I feel my phone vibrate in the strap of my sweatpants.

I turn it on and scroll through the text message from Christy.

Christy: Lev.
Me: What's up?
Christy: The sky.

I giggle a little bit. I was about to toss my phone on the bed and take my laptop from the other room when I heard my phone beep again.

Christy: Sent a photo.

I click the photo and I zoom in, smiling at Christy, Cyder, and Willow posing inside a dressing room with white carpet on the floor. All wearing matching star-shaped glasses.

Me: How's the shopping trip?
Christy: Very fun.
Christy: We'll probably be back by 9.
Christy: Is that alr with u?
Me: Sure, just stay safe, okay?
Christy: Ofcofc. Luv uuuuu!!
Me: Love you too.

I fire up my laptop and turn to the latest excel file I had been working on. I had the burden of rescheduling almost half the company events because of the holidays. They could have told me beforehand, but I guess this is karma for getting a free day off.

"Paid day-offs are a thing now?" I murmur while I control-c control-v my way to victory. The only thing I needed to do was to copy the old schedule from last year. 

I close my laptop and I try to take a nap. It wasn't common for me to take a nap, let alone sleep. 

That time I told Christy about me not sleeping at Willow's was partially true. But then I remember the time she called me good-looking which makes me smile at the roof.