The Hostage

Connor walked out of the room, observing the apartment complex. It went towards the living room. A pack of soldiers patrolled around it, putting their snipers down once it was near them.

"All units! Hold your positions! The negotiator's going in!" Captain Allen shouted. His soldiers followed command right away. 

"In position! Ready to assault!" the SWAT team said as they aimed their snipers at the balcony, hiding behind walls to not be seen by the rogue android.

As the other soldiers scurried around the scene, refueling their ammo and preparing their weapons, Connor approached a figure slumped on the ground behind a sofa: a man with brown hair wearing a green sweater over a casual dress shirt and brown long pants. It analyzed the man, scanning his body.

SCANNING..CONNECTING...
SYNC IN PROGRESS..SYNC DONE
--
PROCESSING INFORMATION..
PROCESSING COMPLETE

Its UI instantly displayed the man's conditions and injuries. Connor took note of the information at hand.

--.355 bullet wound. Left kidney perforated, fatal abdominal trauma.--

--.355 bullet wound. Upper lung hemorrage, pneumothorax.--

--Lower lung hemorrage, internal bleeding.--

Connor looked at the man's face, scanning for his identity.

PROCESSING INFORMATION..
PROCESSING COMPLETE

--DECEASED--

--Phillips, John. Height: 6'0" Weight: 187.2 lbs--

--Estimated time of death: 07:29 pm--

Connor then looked at the environment around the man, and scanned it.

RECONSTRUCTING...

Connor's interface showed a simplified plane of the area. It showed John Phillips, sitting on the couch, with a tablet at hand. Connor paused the plane, and scanned that tablet, before replaying the curated scene. John was sitting with the tablet, before the rogue android, Daniel, appeared behind him, with a gun. Before John could process the event, the android fired two shots at the man. John stumbled, and fell on the ground dead, dropping his tablet.

RECONSTRUCTION COMPLETE. 

Exiting its mind palace, it looked where the tablet fell. It went towards the tablet, and noticed that the screen was still on. 

"Thank you for your purchase at Cyberlife." the tablet's speaker played as it showed an android of a newer model, released only a week and three days before.

Connor put two and two together, connecting Daniel's rampage with the information it had gotten. The Phillips family was going to replace Daniel with a new household android model.

 One that was far better, and more efficient at its work than Daniel's model could ever be.

Suddenly, two gun shots fired behind him. A soldier dropped on the ground as another dragged him further from the balcony. The other soldiers rushed to the direction the bullet fired, and stood on guard.

Connor approached the man, and scanned him. His name was Anthony Dekart, position DPD First Respondant. He had a bullet wound on his body, and was killed instantly, the bullet hitting a vital body part, blood staining his black uniform.

Connor re-entered its mind palace and reconstructed those events. In the reconstruction, it observed that a silhouette of a little girl, the hostage, witnessed the shooting. Daniel was the one who fired the shot at the fallen officer.