(13)

"i love you so,"

posted: 10.08.22

she was stuck working the register

she was stuck working the register. usually she'd be in the back where she wouldn't need to communicate nor make eye contact with customers. yet here she was, standing her having to take some horrid boba orders. she remembered when she took a terrible job in australia of a similar type of boba shop. and then taking terrible orders from some of the white girls in the city. like god damn are you really ordering that? and not ashamed?

it was always fun to have a drink of the day. aka taking someone else's order and then rating it. in the back kitchen there was just a whiteboard with different orders sticky noted on sections of it. there were only a few that managed to get rated as low as a 0. is that even possible?

to have such a shitty order that it was almost embarrassing? on most days she'd work the convenience store late at night. but there were only so many shifts she could take before it clashed with her regular schedule. what a pain in the ass bro.

hearing the door open, she sighed and looked up. "hello.. sungie?" her jaw dropped seeing him walk in. pulling down his mask slightly down to his chin, he smiled and waved. "think you can hide your workplace from me now?" he joked seeing her gasp and shift her eyes around. "kidding, give me a minute to think yes?" he smiled, his smile became more and more genuine and sweet as he spoke.

was this happening? was this really happening? all she could focus on was his damn pretty eyes. his perfect visuals, his everything. every time she had a chance to look at him, she fell more and more in love. she swore her own face softened when she saw him. was this love? she already knew it was.

the urge to climb over the counter and kiss his stupid face was so appealing that it was embarrassing. "peach strawberry iced tea with lychee jelly and less ice." he voiced out before she could process it. "a..ah.. could you repeat that?" she felt bad for her coworkers who had to deal with her stupidity and slowness. she was better doing the orders than actually taking orders.

hearing him repeat it slower and with a softer tone made her want to jump up and down and scream. he was so sincere and sweet. there has to be something bad about him. there just gotta be something, literally anything.

"7000 won." she hummed, tapping at the screen as he handed over the money. "your order will be out soon sungie. take the coaster." handing him over the order coaster, he smiled and stuck out his tongue. he was wearing glasses today. he looked good in glasses. he should wear them more. it'd be attractive if he did. park jisung in anything. if he could stop being so perfectly attractive, if only.

he found himself getting more and more happy when he was able to see and meet with that damned red haired girl. every interaction they had was so pure and sweet. was this how friendships were like? maybe his experience with only male friendships was his reasoning. god, he wished it could stay like this forever. but his heart knew enough about itself to know it wouldn't be able to maintain it for long.

feeling the coaster in his hand buzz, he stood up to go get his drink. cooing at the colour of it, he handed the coaster over and smiled. settling back to where he was seated, he had a fantastic view of that amber hair.

it's like friends taunting one another when one of them is working. it's like he was trying to rub it into her face that he didn't need to work. he could hardly focus on drinking this fantastic drink when she was just there. she was cute, her pretty eyes, soft freckles, soft features, pretty hair, pretty everything. it was hard to resist. the last time he was feeling these mushy feelings was in middle school.

it was like a schoolyard crush all over again. the typical crush on your female best friend. does she even consider him a best friend? or anything further than  a friend? these types of questions did more harm than good these days.

he was more fearful of her deciding not to be his friend anymore if he told her his feelings. yes he wanted more, but he didn't want to lose something so precious. it made his stomach turn more than anything at the thought of losing her. what was he suppose to do? overcome that shitty feeling and do something he might regret. a friendship isn't ever the same once someone says those silly little butterfly words.

"stop staring at me snow top!" hearing her absolutely deafening voice, he smiled and stuck out his tongue. "what a funny joke freckles!" he didn't know where that name came from, how it came to be, why it came to be, but it just came out so naturally. it was like the world's calling almost. seeing her jaw hang from the sudden nickname, he continued to laugh.

freckles. it was cute. not even considering how she would feel about it, he mentally noted the name for future reference. anything cute automatically got linked to eve in his head. whether or not it was relevant or even made sense. she was just too cute for him to resist.

was that weird? god, if it was, it'd be awkward to explain. it was like falling into a pool of flower petals. the fragrance, the feeling, it was almost soothing falling in love with eve. was he admitting to falling in love? maybe he was, it was hard to even consider he was falling in love. it was like that fuzzy feeling that you feel sometimes. that sweet smell of morning spring. eve was like a spring morning with a cool breeze and soft fluffy white clouds.

it was the days that were just so pretty. love couldn't be described in simple terms, oh if only it were so easy. eve was like a bouquet of bluebells. gorgeous flowers that he just couldn't help looking at. everything that eve was, he wish he had. figuratively and physically.

was it greedy to want more than he had? it felt like they just met. but that earliness felt like eternity. it was those types of friendships that never run dry because of the dynamic. a friendship that feels like forever. like you've known them your entire life. it was unfair that he met her so late.