Chapter 7

A/N I am so sorry for this huge wait and for the kinda short chapter. Wattpad has changed a wee bit since I was last on so I'm not sure what the format will look like on this chapter. Sorry if it's funky. Again I apologize for this short-ish chapter but I'm working on it :) Enjoy and Thank you so much for reading!

I was trapped, grounded only by the crushing fear that had stolen the air from my lungs, Nothing would focus long enough for me to guess what scared me. But I felt trapped, pinned and it was terrifying in the darkness. If I could just see what was there I could loosen the fear even just a little. The more I struggled the heavier the darkness became and the more my body strained to be free of it. Everything was restrained, arms held to my sides, hands clenched so tight the nails pierced my palms, and my legs bound together. And then I felt the gently touch of breath racing along the side of my neck, the occasional brush of cold skin. Then the gut wrenching slither of tongue, wet and sticky feeling, stained with the acrid smell of old pennies.

            Then in an instance the darkness lifted away and I struggled upwards as fast as I could, the sheets flew off of me nearly making it to the end of the bed. My own hands wrapped around my throat, choking myself as I tried to gasp for air around terrified screams. Cool hands slammed against my shoulders pinning me back to the bed, "Aderyn you have woken up!" My chest ached from how quickly my heart was beating. I searched the face in front of me, the softened features, short blond hair and crystal blue eyes. It wasn't what I was used to, but my scrambling mind at least recognized he wasn't a threat.

            "Sorry" The word trembled out from between my lips as I struggled to control my breathing.

I thought I had made it past the night terrors, of course my coping mechanism wasn't here so I was probably back to square one again.  Sasha sat back very slowly observing me as I shifted into a somewhat sitting position.

            "Are you alright?" what a loaded question to ask a girl, I smirked and nodded my head.

            "For the most part."

Sasha scowled at me his sharp blue eyes narrowing, "Dinner will be soon, Saebriel is waiting outside in the stairwell for you." He rose and held his hand down to me, "Don't be difficult." He added quickly.

I nodded my head and pushed the rest of the blankets off leaving them in a pile at the end of the bed, Sasha looked from the pile to me rolling his eyes.

            "Don't be such a nanny." I grumbled at him pushing his hand away.

He scoffed at me rolling his eyes, "I am not being a nanny"

            "Yes you are"

His eyes narrowed at me, "No I am not" He retorted.

I rose from the bed dusting off my ball gown that was still relatively clean surprisingly enough. The lace had held together, I think it was the longest something this nice had remained intact around me. I looked up at Sasha and watched as once again he rolled his eyes at me.

            "You do that a lot" his pale eyebrows scrunched together, "the eye rolling." I added after a few minutes of him looking rather confused.

Without saying anything he turned away and marched form the room slamming the door behind him. Well wasn't he just a drama queen. Once I was left alone in the bedroom a nervous tightness formed in the pit of my stomach growing tighter with each passing moment in the utter silence. Not even the constant tick of a clock, there was nothing. Bending over I grabbed the heels from beside the bed and walked over to the door, heels in hand, and broke the silence as soon as the door swung open. The other servants were down in the common area and by the sounds of it they too were getting ready for dinner.