four: clearing the air

Cheryl woke up to the sound of her alarm at precisely 07.00 am. She wanted to stay in bed all day, unlike yesterday. She wasn't sure what to make of her first day of the season or formula 1 in general. All she knew was she didn't want any more situations like yesterday.

The girl with dirty blonde hair slowly dragged herself out of bed to the bathroom to do her makeup before she ordered room service. After her act of last night, she wasn't sure even if she wanted to show her face in the paddock today.

She didn't want to call her father and tell him she wasn't coming on the second day but she wasn't needed like Blaze so she just decided to grab her laptop with her. Cheryl owned her fashion atelier, she could go there sit down somewhere, and work. She didn't need to put effort into being social or anything not like she was the day before.

After she put her outfit of the day on she decided to skip breakfast and just head down to the track for the qualifying day.

-

Cheryl has been working at the canteen for an hour now, she watched people from other teams mingle, discuss, and unwind in a relaxed manner; until she noticed Charles, Charlotte, and Carlos sit down at another table. Today she came prepared by looking at the drivers' names, it was the least she could do.

Cheryl took a cigarette out of her bag as she ordered another coffee, the third one in the last hour to be exact. She, unfortunately, forgot her lighter in her purse from yesterday so the blonde girl looked around to see if anyone else could have one. Her eyes landed on the blue-eyed Ferrari driver not because he had a lighter but because he was looking at her.

Charles was smirking at the girl that was looking for a lighter desperately, he really found it amusing that she was looking all around. Cheryl was giving the longest death stare of her life until her phone started ringing. It was her childhood friend Tehani. Blaze and Cheryl gave her the nickname Terry when they were little so she can match with them.

"Hellooo, how's paddock life babes?" Terry said while doing her hair on Facetime with her best friend who was still annoyed at the Ferrari driver. "It's fine, people suck here. I just want to get back home really." Cheryl answered Tehani. "I mean if everybody is as competitive as your dad, it's no wonder." Tehani laughed. 

"How is Berry doing? Called him yesterday but he was in a meeting I reckon." She also added. "Berry is really worked up this weekend, so much happened yesterday but unlike you, I'm working so he will tell you when he is done. Send me your design sketches we don't have much time left." Cheryl changed the topic, she didn't want to talk about the antics of yesterday while Charles and Charlotte were right there.

"Ugh, maybe if you let work go and enjoy your day people won't suck as much as you think Cherry." Said the girl almost done doing her hair.

"Okay okay, I will try. Ciao ciao." Said Cheryl sending kisses through the camera.

The Horner girl closed her laptop putting her stuff away as she saw her brother approaching her with Max. She smiled ear to ear seeing both boys. "Hello hello, the only two men in my life. Good morning." Cheryl said meanwhile hugging Blaze.

"Someone woke up on the bright side today." Max said as he also hugged the girl he saw as a little sister.

"Yes, I am having a good day. Got some work done, feeling productive." Cheryl said getting her wallet out to pay for her coffees as the waiter is bringing her third coffee.