Chapter 12- Race to the Finish?

Be sure to click on that little orange star and vote! Follow me on Wattpad and Instagram c.hloe.wn for sneak peeks! (and also to support me!) TYSM! :) Enjoy! I appreciate all of you for reading! Thank you so much! Love you guys! <3

Paige's POV

     As I walked into the race track, I noticed that Mikita had also entered the race. From how they were growling at me, I could tell they found out about last night. "You! From last night! The hotel security kicked us out last night for being too loud! It's all your fault. By the way, we haven't got any misplaced luggage! So HA!"

     "Right," I rolled my eyes. They still haven't figured out that the shurikens were fake! Better to keep it that way. As I snickered to myself, I spotted the prize car. I squinted my eyes and saw 3 spaces on the side of the car, probably for the shurikens. I had to get it or else the world would fall into the hands of these wicked sisters. Jeez. No pressure, Paige.

     "Go, Paige!" Tony and Layla cheered from the sidelines.

     "We believe in you!" Cisco and Frostee yelled. Shashi gave me an encouraging smile. Matsuo and Echo shared a look. I feel sparks between them. . .

     "Ready. . ." the announcer waved the flag. "Set. . ." I revved my engine. The Black Rose was the fastest car on Earth. I could win this, no sweat. 

      "GO!" I accelerated and was leading the way into a minefield. Yeah, a minefield, and all the bombs were activated. Luckily, Frostee had scanned the minefield for me and I knew where all the mines were. I had made it through, but the others were not so lucky. Unfortunately, both Takakos had made it out. I accelerated once again as I advanced onto the construction site. The crane dropped a container from above me but I escaped. Something rammed my car and I turned around to see Mikita or Mikira. 

     While I was distracted, they knocked me into the cement block. Then, they sped away, laughing. Now they were in the lead. Not cool. The finish line was near, and all that separated it was a muddy, bumpy terrain. One of the twins drove in and got stuck. 

      How was I going to pass?

     "Your car has rocket engines," Shashi said to me through my watch. I looked across the mud. There was no way that I could make it across with one jump.

     "See that hill in the middle? You could land there." Frostee suggested

     "And rocket engine your way to the finish line!" Tony added helpfully.

     Right. Harder than it looks. The hill seemed so far away. . . But I had to win. The fate of the world depended on it. I revved my engine as I got closer and shot forward. And. . . landed on the HILL! Now I just needed to jump again. I revved my engine but I didn't move forward. Weird. I turned around and the other twin had shot a grappling hook at my car. 'If I had enough power, I could land on the other side and she'd be dragged through the mud.' I thought. GO PAIGE!