Chapter 7- Family First

Be sure to click on that little orange star and vote! Follow me on Wattpad and instagram at d4rkst4r720 for sneak peeks! (and also to support me!) TYSM! This is the sequel chapter of Chapter 5,  Akihiko, when Echo gets kidnapped and Cisco and Matsuo go save her. You can reread chapter 5 if you forgot. (Like I did) :) Enjoy! 

Matsuo's POV

     "Echo's family! You'll never understand!" Cisco's voice kept replaying in my head. It shouldn't have bothered me much but a sharp pang shot through my chest when he said that, when Echo got kidnapped, a hole formed in my stomach. What was this feeling? Why won't it go away? 

     "Where are we?" Cisco asked as we walked across the hallway with the invisible cloak on, "Let's go get Echo and get out of here!" He said as we went down the stairs. I peeked over the edge and there Echo was, surrounded by ninjas and a Lady with a gold mask, covering her entire face. "What's the plan?" Cisco asked. I threw a smoke bomb up the stairs as a diversion and the ninjas thundered past us. But where was the masked lady? We ran down the stairs and saw Echo, who freed herself, fighting with the lady. "Echo!" Cisco shouted and threw off the cloak giving Echo a bear hug. Which meant they were both caught off guard. The lady held up her hand as if she was about to strike them but I surprised myself by running in and grabbing hold of her wrist. Echo knocked her down and Cisco tied her onto the chair. 

     "Let's see who you really are," Echo said and removed the mask from her face and we saw Mikira's face. "Mikira?" I nearly shouted. My own sister kidnapped Echo! 

    "Wait... Don't you have blue hair?" Cisco asked and she smirked.

     "Took you long enough," She smirked, "Listen, Matsuo, is it? I'm not actually your sister. And I'm not Mikira, I'm Mikita and she and I will take over the world with time travel. Ninjas, get them!" She shouted and the Ninjas ran towards us, swords drawn. 

    "What do we do?" Cisco panicked and Echo shot a hole in the ceiling. 

     "C'mon!" She said and reached for my hand. "Get Cisco!" She said as we ascended up to the field. 

     "Run!" I said and we ran into Cisco's truck which was parked behind the trees.

     "Drive!" Echo shouted and we drove into the bustling marketplace. "We can lose them here!" But it wasn't that easy. The ninjas were on motorcycles -with swords- and were close behind. Some of them even threw their swords at us. "We have to lose them! Matsuo, you up for some fighting?" Echo asked me and I nodded. We climbed out the window into the trunk. Using lasers, we aimed at the motorcycle tires popping them, making the ninjas unable to continue. 

     "I think we lost all of them," Cisco yelled from the front. When we reached Matsuo's Minka, Tony, Layla, and Frostee were already there. Tony was frantically typing into his phone. 

      "How'd y'all's investigation go?" Layla asked us. 

     "Echo got kidnapped by ninjas whose boss was a lady in a gold mask-," Cisco blurted.

     "Wait, did you say lady in a gold mask?" Tony interrupted, looking up from his phone. "We saw her too!" Layla and Frostee shouted in unison.

    "No!" Echo shouted. "Mikira has a twin! Her name is Mikita and they're not really Matsuo's sisters! They're from the Takako dynasty!"