Chapter 2- A Secret Case

Be sure to click on that little orange star and vote! Follow me on Wattpad and instagram at c.hloe.wn for sneak peeks! (and also to support me!) TYSM!

Tony's POV

     "A missing heirloom? Why is a rusty old ninja star important?" I asked. "I don't know. It only says this much. It says to go find a member of the Mori family." Echo replied."Matsuo," Paige said walking in. " You forgot to call me." " Matsuo?!!" we all shout. 

      "I'm going to go find Matsuo. There's a deadline for that case y'know." Paige said walking out. "I want Tony and Echo to follow me. You guys know him the best."  I got up quickly, closely followed by Echo. Matsuo's place was in the mountains surrounded by trees. When he opened the door, he did not look happy o see us. Matsuo started to close the door but Echo stuck her foot in the gap. 

     "We need to talk," she said and made her way in. We sat down on straw mats while Matsuo glared at us."What do you want?" He growled. 

     "We heard about your missing family heirloom," Paige began quietly but Matsuo slammed both hands on the table. "I don't want to talk about it," he shouts tense. "We're here to help," Paige said gently and places her hand on Matsuo's," You can trust us." Matsuo exhales long and deep. "Fine," he said. "I'll tell you abt the legend of the sun, star, and moon shuriken. The gods created this trio of shurikens and gave each one to a strong family in Japan. Our family, the Akihikos, and the Takakos. They told us about the great power the shurikens could make when they were united and should never fall into the wrong hands so we were the guardians. There was a car, which the shurikens could be inserted into. The car was the time machine. Years went by and we grew curious about the power, we fought long wars, and finally, our family had all the three shurikens but the car was lost. Legend says that the power or of the shurikens could bring time travel." The silence was so thick, that I fell off my mat. 

     Well, my mat was already on the ground so I couldn't fall off but you get the point. "Time travel," Paige repeated as she recovered from shock. "That's just a legend," Echo said, shrugging. Matsuo shook his head, "If the legend is real, then the world would be destructed." It would be great to have second chances, I would definitely not drive Layla's car into a mud pit, try doing a handstand on a skateboard, try to win a food-eating competition against Cisco, "TONY!" spilling soda on Frostee's laptop," TONY! Paige looked irritated, "What do you think?" I blinked hard, "About what?" Echo did a facepalm. "Should we go look for the shuriken?" I nodded my head. Matsuo closed his eyes. "Fine. I'll come." There was a hooded figure, standing outside, listening. The figure called someone and said, "They're coming."