Chapter 27: "Finally moving on"

Începe de la început

"You know, just a simple gift, so you can use them there."

"There's tons of those in the US. You don't need to." Jimin smiles as he sips the water.

"But there's a specific fabric from a traditional Korean brand."

"I don't need a fancy bedsheet." Jimin smiles gently. "You know how good I sleep."

"But I-"

"Jungkook, you don't need to spend that much."

"You know I earn my own money, so I can spend however I want."

"You don't need to give me anything alright? I love getting gifts, but I appreciate us spending time together more than anything." A smile is seen on Jimin's face. A gentle one with a pair of crescent eyes looking straight at Jungkook, genuinely.

Beautiful. So beautiful that Jungkook feels something weird happening in his stomach, and that's when he's back to his senses.

Is he crossing the line again? Jimin shouldn't get the wrong idea. "You know that I'm gifting you because you are my best friend."

You are my best friend.

Again. It's not the first, second or third time Jungkook says that ever since Jimin came back the first day. Jungkook has been saying even more after that night when Jimin was cooking shrimp fried eggs.

It's irritating. His taller best friend kept on saying that whenever he does anything nice for Jimin as if all his actions are giving Jimin hope, it's been extremely bothersome. Jungkook has been opening doors for Jimin as best friend. He's been helping Jimin with shopping bags as a best friend. He's been picking Jimin up and dropping Jimin off as best friend. Oh Jeon Jungkook got off work early and skipped classes to spend time with Jimin.

As his best friends.

Not just actions, but also when Jimin says anything nice, Jungkook will emphasize their friendship.

'I miss this. It's been forever since we binge on fried chicken."

'Yes, that's what best friends do.'

'Ah I had such a good time. Thanks for today.'

'Of course Jimin. I'm your friend. I'm gonna keep entertaining you.'

No room for compliments either.

'This shirt looks nice on you.'

'Oh thank you, Jimin, my friend.'

The amount of 'best friends' and 'friends' have been shoved into Jimin's head. He even hears it in his sleep. If this is not just a small break where he only gets two weeks to spend with Jungkook, Jimin is going to need space to make up his mind. It hurts, but with this amount, Jimin is getting used to it. Deeply he starts to accept it. Pain is less than anger now since Jungkook has been acting like Jimin doesn't know his place. Like Jimin wants more. It almost feels like Jungkook is so full of himself in Jimin's eyes. He's been trying to make the situation right for their friendship, and stupid Jeon Jungkook is not helping.

They never talk about that sensitive topic that Jimin is in love with his best friend, but Jungkook doesn't need to keep shoving Jimin back in the friendzone. It feels like Jungkook harshly pushes Jimin in the head back in there where he's already in.

"I'm going to the restroom. Be right back." Jimin is not going to fake a smile and just say 'yeah, I know' like every time.

Not waiting for Jungkook to say anything, Jimin just states that and gets up right away. Walking towards the restroom, Jimin looks at himself in the mirror, wanting to vent with someone, but Taehyung must be partying or sleeping since it's night time in the US.