Chapter 14 - Closure

Start from the beginning

i felt so bad for waking him up but i knew i couldn't lay in this bed any longer.

A: ....i'll be there in 30 .

i got up and walked into the kitchen to make my dad's famous hot chocolate.
i'm surprised i still know how to make this , my dads 'secret recipe' must really be burned in my brain because the last time i made this was with him .
           Taking a sip of my hot coco my eyes closed at the taste . It was just like his .
"Lauren ....Lauren ?? What are you doing up ?"
my eyes snap open to Aniyah's voice . I forgot she was a morning person .
"i made hot chocolate" i say simply . She knew this day was like a jack of all trades , i felt different every year .

She stared at me and then finally spoke
"Can i taste it ?"
"sure" i say shrugging .
Right now i felt hollow ; completely dead inside.
She walks over and she takes a sip from my cup

"Holy  shit this is amazing!!" she yelled drinking more
To this i smiled , we all loved his hot chocolate.

"It was my dad's recipe, i haven't made it since he died" Aniyah gave a sad smile and then gave me a quick hug .
"I have to run out but call me if you need anything Chica okay ?"
"Okay"

         After she left , i put the hot chocolate into 2 large thermo cups and went back to my room to throw on some leggings. I didn't care about makeup or looking cute , i just wanted to be comfortable. I slipped on some black flats and checked my phone for messages .

A: Outside

I grabbed the letters , my green bag and the hot chocolate and left the house with only my phone and keys in my sweater pocket . Axel stood against the car door as always and i couldn't help but smile as i see him . He takes the things from my hands and puts them on top of the car before pulling me in for a big hug .

        Inhaling his scent, i immediately felt safe and warm in his arms. Tears streamed down my face like a rain shower and my body vibrated in sobs .
"I'm sorry i probably look a mess right now" i say sniffling and pulling away.
He stares at me for another moment
"Are you ready?" he replied
"i guess.."

          We get in the car and he instinctively hands me his phone . I hesitate - I don't even know what i want to listen to right now .
"I'm okay"

His face contorts to shock and he puts his phone down in between us. In 30 minutes of driving in silence , we finally approached the beach.

      I led him to our family spot and he watches in fascination as i expertly balance on the rocks and walk to the edge overlooking the waves . He soon follows me and sits down next to me.
"This is beautiful" he finally breaks the silence

"Yeah" it was , and i never knew how much i missed it until right now . I gave  Axel the other thermo cup and watch impatiently as he takes his first sip .

"Babe ...This is the best hot chocolate i've ever tasted" i softly laugh at yet another compliment.
"I know, i should open a shop right ?" i reply jokingly .

        By this time it's after 6am and the sun has almost fully risen casting a soft glow onto us. I go on my phone and play some music and spend the next few hours quietly laying against Axel's chest .

(A\N -
train wreck - James Author
Apple juice - Jessie Reyes
Ocean eyes - Billie eilish
Dancing with you ghost - Sasha Alex Sloan
Me in 20 years - Moses Sumney 
Break - Jacquie
river - Leon Bridges
My Mind - Yebba)