CHAPTER 58 / REMORSE pt.2

Ein. The guy who'd ruined her and her best friends' lives, destroying them in more ways than one. He wasn't absent-minded, no, he was pure evil. Venomous. Despicable with a want for revenge. Nana wasn't surprised to see him, more so annoyed. 

He'd gotten back at them, three times now, when was he going to accept the fact he can't have what he so desperately wanted? 

"You're probably wondering why I've brought down two of your ex-boyfriends, huh? Don't worry they don't know who they are anymore, they won't remember a thing. Couldn't get the other one, though, but that's how it goes."

"Ein," Zane growled. 

"Ah, Zane Ro'Meave. Thanks to your perspective eye we've managed to capture Miss Primrose down here. Utterly predictable. You should've known," Ein remarked. 

He then turned to Reese, or the man who was last known to be Reese. Now, he was simply a brainwashed man under the control of someone who was using him for their facade. The situation oddly reminded Zane of the Winter Soldier, why? He didn't know. 

"Loosen your damn grip, you're going to kill her, you idiot. We don't want that, do we?" Ein questioned as the brainwashed correspondent followed by releasing her slightly so Nana could breathe. 

"What do you want?" Zane asked through gritted teeth, no longer fighting the other man holding him back. Zane relentlessly recognised those crippled blue eyes, only to see Damien. 

Ein smirked, "The girl. Hand her over and we'll leave you alone. If not, we'll take your life instead. Oh and congratulations on the engagement, big stuff.

"Never," Zane growled, now fighting back against Damien. 

"No, Zane, please don't," Nana pleaded, "Let them take me."

"I don't think that's going to happen," A male voice spoke up from the entrance of the alley. 

"Oh, here we go," The female meif~wa murmured. 

Standing there wasn't the heroes from My Hero Academia, instead, it was the other kind of heroes. Lucinda flew down from a height with a telekinesis spell and landed beside them. 

"You should know the drill," Katelyn tempted with a nod. "You mess with any of us, we push you back. By all means, continue."

"Will do," Ein remarked.

"Yeah, bad choice, Legolas," Travis said teleporting behind Ein and holding him back. (remember he's a warlock, mejik) Lucinda froze the two shadows beside him, as the other two proceeded to kill their victims. 

"You're a murderer," Aaron said flouncing up to Ein. "Your actions killed my parents, killed Aphmau, and almost killed me. As much as I wish to hurt you as defying as you'd done to me, that would only be corresponding to your actions. Instead, you'll spend your days in the strongest prison facility known to man." The ash-haired man sent a punch to the former werewolf and he fell to unconsciousness. 

By the time, Aaron was done, Garroth and Dante were holding back Reese as Vylad and Laurance were doing the same with Damien. Between both Lucinda and Travis' magical abilities, they knocked out the shadows, immediately identifying them as Michi and Kai. Not that that wasn't expected anyway. 

Zane engulfed Nana in a hug and she almost collapsed from exhaustion. As a physician and neurosurgeon, Zane knew where and how to check that she was overall okay. 

"How did you guys manage to find us?" Nana asked.

"We saw you go off to talk with Zane, but when you didn't come back, we came back to check on you," Garroth began. 

"Aaron, Garroth and Remmi tousled the idea that these guys had returned, simply because it was oddly similar to the turn events last Christmas," Aphmau added.

"Looks like we were right," Laurance said. 

"We've called the cops on them, briefly explaining the situation too," Aaron reported. "They'll need a description of what happened though, but other than that we'll be fine."

"I have no idea what could've happened if you hadn't shown up, thank you," Nana said as Zane gave a nod. 

"What is it with Ein making an enormous fuss over nothing? No offence, but what would have had to do with Nana? He's relentless and a psycho if you ask me," Dante intervened.

"Yeah," Remmi perked up. "He did this back home, Nana must be pretty important to some kind of cause if he wants her so bad." 

"He probably wants my abilities. As the primos, I have the higher ratio than other meif~wa, and as a girl that'd just rise what he wants," Nana said with a sigh. 

In the distance, they briefly heard sirens coming to their position not too far off. "What will happen to Damien and Reese?" Kim asked.

"Probably fix 'em up. Ein is most likely going to need more than one trial. Same for these two," Aaron confirmed, pointing down the unconscious meif~wa pair. 

"Good thing the cops had shown up or we'd be stuck moving them," Kasey retired.

"So, I heard the Yatsuhashi cafe is good. Wanna come?" Melissa suggested.

"Sounds great!" Remmi replied. 

have I watched too many live-action movies? I hope not. 

btw, I got the Wonder extras book, Auggie and Me, if you haven't read it, I seriously recommend it. Plus! Double update because I didn't post yesterday. :)