Chapter 15

It was Wednesday when everything came crashing down. Harry tried to be so careful, but living with another person was not what he signed up for. Truthfully, he loved Draco's company, but he always felt on edge when trying to do anything regarding his YouTube channel.

Often times when Draco would fall asleep, Harry would sneak out of bed to record his videos. Paranoia was running high, and Draco couldn't help but feel the tension, wondering if he had done something wrong.

Harry had disappeared yet again, and Draco was sprawled on his bed working on their project. When Harry came back, his laptop was placed on his desk, screen almost completely shut again. They worked on the project, with Draco continuously glancing at Harry's laptop from the corner of his eye.

It was when Draco went to use the bathroom that the issue occurred.

Draco had left his ringer on, and it began going off excessively. After what seemed like the hundredth chime, Harry was fed up and snatched Draco's phone, wondering if something had gone wrong. The messages had been a combination of the footie team group chat, Draco's mother, and... YouTube.

Harry felt absolutely nauseous at the sight of his channel name at the top of Draco's notifications. Did he know? Was he here to make fun of Harry?

Draco having connected the dots explained so many occurrences that Harry felt were off, but he could never explain. It explained why every time Harry whispered in his ear he would jump. Why Draco kept insisting Harry should talk and ramble.

"Hey when do you want to take a br- Harry?," Draco paused in concern, taking in the sight of Harry tightly holding his phone.

"How long?," Harry asked, voice devoid of emotion.

"I wasn't in the bathroom that long I didn't think-"

"How long have you known Draco? What angle are you playing at here?"

"What are you talking about Harry? You're not making any sense!"

Harry handed Draco's phone back to him, his face stoic.

"It's the group chat- oh... I can explain."

"If you're here to make fun of me, you can leave now."

"Make fun of you? Is that what you think of me?"

"I don't know what to think! Suddenly so many things that you've been saying make sense! I'm just waiting for the punch line."

"Then remember something else I said. I said that you saved me, and that I didn't feel worth it before I met you. I met you years ago when you started that channel Harry. I was one of your first 100 subscribers. You provided me an escape when I needed it, and you still do that.

Whenever I thought it was the end, your words kept me going. You reminded me that I deserved to have better days! That my current situation is not my final destination, and that things will never get better if I don't stick around long enough to find out.

That day that you did your livestream and you were talking about watching me play... you don't know how much that meant to me. To not only have Harry's support, but to have Evan's, the one person I know I've been able to count on all of these years.

I'm sorry if you feel that I've betrayed you in some manner by not mentioning it. I wasn't 100% sure if it was actually you. It seemed too good to be true that not only did I meet you, but you became my best friend.

I understand if you don't want me staying with you anymore. I can find alternative arrangements-"

"I'm not kicking you out, I just need time to process. You're not having me on?"

"Harry I would never do that to you. Especially when you've shown me nothing but care and kindness."

"I'm sorry for overreacting. It's just... a lot to take in. No one knows that it's me, and I'd like to keep it that way. It's my escape from everything, a way to relax, and it's also a source of income. You can imagine it's not traditional or well understood."

"That's why you've been sneaking out of bed... Oh Harry I'm so sorry I've been making things so much more difficult for you."

"You didn't know, s'alright."

"Do you want to go film now? Can I watch? I'll be quiet I swear."

"I dunno..."

"Can I make a video request then?," Draco asked, batting his eyelashes.

"I suppose. You were one of my first subscribers after all. Which video did you find?"

"It was a mic brushing whisper ramble thing. I liked hearing you talk. It was like having a friend you know?"

"That's why I started making the videos. To provide some kind of comfort," Harry clarified. "I was lacking it so I was hoping that I could be there for others. I don't want anyone having to feel like I did."

"I know I speak for everyone when I say thank you Harry. You really do so much good, more than you could know."

"Thank you," Harry replied softly, running his hand through his hair. "Do you wanna see where I record?"

"If I'm not overstepping, yes. Don't feel like you have to show me."

"Come on Draco."

Harry gave Draco the short tour of the closet he had turned into his filming room.

"How did you figure it out?"

"The first time you whispered in my ear I jumped a mile. I thought I was overreacting, but then I noticed some patterns you both exhibit. Did you know that when you're deep in thought you tap in an elaborate pattern?

I think the biggest thing was when I was sick and you made me soup. Evan posted not one but two videos. The voiceover of the comforting a sick friend video had similar dialogue to what you said to me.

Overall, you just have a very kind and caring demeanor. It shows that you're doing something that you love because you want to. It's just very... nice," Draco finished lamely.

"I'll take nice. What video idea did you want to request?"

"Oh, I like water sounds, that was all."

"I can come up with a few ideas I think. For now, let's finish this portion of the project."