Chapter 13: Fang Friends

Upon regaining consciousness; you struggled to open your eyes as you attempted to observe your surroundings...you certainly weren't in the park anymore...

Y/N: *groan* what happened?...-

You attempted to feel out the injury you had taken before. But a simple touch made your entire soul reconsider the option, as a spread of pain shot from your head and down your spine.

Y/N: ow...looks like I'm not doing that then...

Taking in your situation, you first checked yourself. Your exoskeleton portion of your suit was still present... where it has always been.

Y/N: *sigh* well, at least I know I'll never get rid of this then...

Looking around, you found yourself not only in a comfy medical cot, your gear container was right next to a night stand with a folded note on top. Other than that, the room had very little to no difference to what you would see on pictures. With the exceptions of a few scented candles of...Vanilla and lavender?... and a window that gave you a nice view of the dock...but... something was off... someone else was in the room, but you couldn't see them.

Smiling to your self before sighing, you spoke up to the mystery person around you.

Y/N: I may have a concussion, and a massive headache...but I can still feel you around here...wanna say hi?

???: H-how did you?-

The voice was female in nature, but you simply chuckled before speaking.

Y/N: despite my little ears, I could feel tiny little movements around me when it's quiet enough. You were simply trying to hard to keep yourself hidden-

Then a sudden realization hit you...

Y/N: are you not supposed to be here?

A crude silence fell upon the room with a feeling of disappointment in the air.

???: Your...really good at this, aren't you?

You smiled a bit before speaking up

Y/N: yeah...I guess it helps...so what's your name?

From the corner of your eyes, you noticed something becoming discolored before eventually revealing a female figure

???: My name is Ilia...sorry about sneaking in here, I just wanted to see...

You looked towards the direction of your soon to be friend that you would make, before responding.

Y/N: well for starters, it's nice to meet you Ilia! My name is Y/N...and you wanted to see something?

Ilia walked closer before pulling up a nearby chair. She sat near bed side as you smiled at the friendly conversation.

Ilia: well...*sigh* we were given pretty strict orders to not disturb a recovering patient in this room...but word got around that it was a panda faunus, so...I just had to see for myself...