"Our chemistry teacher?" Stiles and Caleb questioned.

"Why him?" Scott wondered.

"I don't know yet," Derek replied.

"What's the second?"

"Some kind of symbol." He showed the symbol. "What? You know what this is?"

"I've seen it on a necklace. Allison's necklace."

INT. BEACON HILLS HIGH SCHOOL

"This is gonna be impossible, you know," Scott muttered.

"Why don't you just ask her if you can borrow it?" Stiles suggested.

"How?"

"It's easy. You just say, "Hey, Allison, can I borrow your necklace to see if there's anything on it or in it that can lead me to an Alpha werewolf that I need to kill in order to get back together with you?""

"You're not helping."

"Why don't you just go talk to her."

"She won't talk to me. What if she, like, only takes it off in the shower or something?"

"That's why you ease - that's why you ease back into it, okay?" Stiles told him. "Get back on the good side, remind her of the good times. And then you ask for the necklace." He noticed Scott's distant look. "You're thinking about her in the shower, aren't you?"

"Yeah," Scott answered.

"All right, stay focused, okay? Get the necklace, get the Alpha, get cured, get Allison. In that order. Got it?"

"Get the necklace."

INT. HOSPITAL

"What did you say it was that scratched you?" the doctor asked.

"It was - it was just an animal," Jackson replied. "Look, can you hurry this up? I'm missing first period."

"Have you had trouble sleeping lately?"

"Kind of. I've been having dreams."

"Dreams or nightmares?"

"Nightmares. About a fire. It's this - this house, and I can hear screaming - Wait, what does this have to do with anything?"

"Nothing. I hope." He pulled out a tool.

Jackson eyed the tool. "What is that?"

"Just taking a closer look."

"Look, I really don't have much time." He started trying to get up.

"Hold still."

"I thought you said you were just gonna take a look."

"Yes. But in order to do that, I'm gonna have to dig a little deeper."

Jackson eyed another tool. "What are those?"

"Holding still, please." Jackson shifted slightly. "That didn't hurt, did it?"

"No, I'm just - I'm just cold."

"Good. Because this actually will sting just a little bit. Holding still, please!" He started pulling something out.

"Oh - hey! Stop! Stop! It hurts!"

"There's something just underneath the skin here. Just one moment longer."

"Stop!"

"Almost done. Holding still!"

"Hold still!" Derek yelled.

"All right, you can put your shirt back on. The scabs on your neck are nothing to worry about."