Introduction.

Smoke.

The entire area smelt of burning wood and flesh. Everything was pitch black before flashes of light blinded my sight.

Where am I?

My ears continued to ring as I slowly tried to grasp anything I can hold on to. I coughed profusely as I tried to regain my breathing while wondering why my head hurts and my entire body feeling sore. Black smoke filled my entire sight despite the moon trying to peek in its shadows and there I realized that I have to get out.

After a few minutes of going back to my senses, I managed to find a solid soil to claw unto and climbed my way up sloppily until I reached the higher ground.

When I looked back from where I came to, I saw an egg-shaped pod in the center of a bombed-soil filled with slime and I looked at my hands to find them having the same.

Did I came from it?

Just then, I heard faint sounds of footsteps until it became stronger and stronger; as if they were coming toward me.

Run.

A voice said inside of me. And run I did.

I wasted no time in using my heels as I immediately turned around and ran on possible directions the unknown people can't ever find me. The dirty and torn skirt from my dress flowed freely as I took deep breaths; seemingly different as to how feeble freedom is in front me as of the moment.

I do not know where I am and I do not know why I am running. But something inside me tells me to simply get away as fast as I can because the world I am now is not a place I should trust.

Just when I was about to attempt on jumping on a near cliff, I found myself rolling on the ground as tight chains managed to wrap itself around me.

"Let me go!" I yelped; desperate for help even though I knew my expectations will be in vain. Not even the incoming footsteps behind me pacified my disturbed heart.

I screamed when a hard hand clawed its way to my hair and forced me to look at the person responsible for it.

A pair of cold emotionless eyes greeted me and I gasped when I felt his hand on my scalp tightened.

There were no sounds on the moonlit forest except my ragged breathing as I stared at the mysterious man. I did not know what came over me but I just found myself staring back at him and before I knew it, the man took out a foreign pointy object and raised it just where my eyes could see it. There, I knew it was for me.

"N-no!" I wasn't even able to voice out my protests when I felt a prick on my neck just as his hand holding the object disappeared from my sight.

"What?" Everything turned upside down when the man let go of my head and soon, I started to cough as if I was being choked. Then, my eyes became heavy and the last thing I saw before I completely shut down was those cold eyes I knew I will never forget for the rest of my existence.

"We got her."