If she had carried his child, or that of another man's.

Rubbing his forehead, Damien looked down at the marble tiled floor, exhausted. It was tiring thinking so much about everything, but he didn't really have a choice.

He felt like going back home to rest up, but he had so many things to do.

As he sat waiting for motivation to work, he heard someone knock at the door and without even waiting for his response, it swung open and Alvarez walked in, some files in his hand.

He looked at Damien curiously taking a seat, and placing the files on the desk, he asked, "Are you good?"

Damien cleared his throat and then nodded.

He and Alvarez had not been talking much as of late, so now the conversation seemed to be a little bit weird for him. He had caused the strain between them though, or it was mutual on both sides, Damien didn't even know.

"Yeah I'm fine." He answered simply after a while.

Alvarez didn't look like he believed him but he nodded.

Gesturing to the files, he said, "I actually brought these files to meet you two days ago. But apparently you weren't at work, and I met Katherine here instead."

Damien frowned, "Katherine? Why would Katherine be here?" He asked, confused.

Alvarez shifted in his chair, and it took a while before he spoke up again, "When I came here to give the files to you, I caught her snooping around on your laptop. Almost like she was looking for something. She looked annoyed to see me walk in. It was really strange."

Damien's frown deepened.

Why would Katherine be in his office? He remembered that he was absent from work two days ago, and Katherine had been in his house that morning but she left after a while.

Why would she come to his office though, and what did she want with his laptop? It made no sense to Damien whatsoever, and he tried thinking if he had sent her on errand in his drunk haz, but he couldn't recall a thing.

He didn't want to push this matter though, as there were other pressing matters at hand right now.

"Katherine will always be Katherine. She was probably just checking out something random. Nothing to worry about, though." He said dismissively, waving Alvarez's comment away, "Anyways, the files. What do you have for me?"

Alvarez shrugged at Damien's comment. He obviously wasn't satisfied with the reaction to the news about Katherine, but just like Damien wanted he didn't push it any further.

Nodding, he opened up the files and turned it around to face Damien, "The new additions to the security team are doing pretty good. I think it's time we get them weapons, so we'll need a small supply of guns."

Damien nodded, reading through the files. "Ammunition's and vehicles too right?" He asked, picking up a pen from his drawer, "We could provide few more cars as well."

"Correct." Alvarez nodded, "The vehicles available need to be serviced as well. We've been having some little troubles lately."

Damien nodded, "You can call the mechanics departments for that. I'll sign for ammunition, guns and new vehicles to be provided." Quickly, he scrawled his signature on all the papers, and handed them back to Alvarez.

"Okay. Thank you." Alvarez said. Damien nodded, his eyes going back to his own work.

"How's things going on here?" He heard Alvarez ask after a while.

"What?" He looked up, confused.

"How's business going?" Alvarez asked further elaborating.

"Great, I guess." He wasn't sure why the conversation with Alvarez felt so stiff, but then he couldn't place a particular blame.