20

At the mention of me, Kakashi's chakra rolled against mine again, as if to check that I am still here. The suddenness of it made me shudder, and... embarrassingly, he noticed.

Kakashi began to chuckle at Sakura's observation.

"I can still train you." He stated. Well, obviously. I don't think eve Sakura would think otherwise.... well, maybe.

"Hold on, a little last minute training won't make us strong enough to fight Zabuza! You could barely defeat him with your sharingan!" She exclaimed.

"Sakura, why was I able to stop Zabuza? It's because you all helped me." He questioned without giving them time to respond.

"You've grown. Naruto, you've grown the most." Kakashi got his point across.

I mean- yeah they have but... I really don't think Naruto could use such an ego boost right now.

"So you've noticed Kakashi-sensei! Now things are gonna get better, dattebayo!" Naruto exclaimed, proving my point.

I can't deny he will become a force to be reckoned with, but at the moment he is still too weak to do anything. We don't need him to become cocky. What are you doing Kakashi?

Oh? There's the little brat.

"I don't believe it! And nothing is going to be good!" The brat exclaimed. Though, I can't say I blame him. He's been exposed to the real world way too early. But that's what happened in such a society as this.

"Huh?" The three other genin spin around.

"Who are you!?" Naruto shouted while pointing. My, what big mouth you have.

"Inari, where have you been?" Tazuna asked, opening his arms for a hug.

"Welcome home, Oji-san!" Inari exclaimed, barreling into his arms.

"Inari, tha was very rude! These ninja helped your oji-san and brought him here safely.

"It's okay, it's okay. I'm rude to them too," Tazuna laughed. Just cause your rude doesn't make it okay! I could feel the tick mark grow on my forehead.

Kakashi must have sensed it as well, my leaking blood lost, because his chakra is washing over me in waves, attempting to calm me.

It startled me for a moment, I tensed. Then I began to relax again, attempting to ignore the extremely strange feeling of his chakra mingling with my own.

"Kaa-san, don't you see these people are going to die?" Inari asked, "Gato and his men will come back and wipe them out."

Seriously feeling the love right now kid.

"What did you say brat!?" That's what I'm saying Naruto, "you know what a super ninja is!? Well that's what I am, only I'm a lot better! I'm gonna be hokage!" ...nevermind.

"This Gato or Blato or whatever he is isn't going to stand a chance against a real hero like me!" Naruto exclaimed.

Naruto... shut up, just shut up. You don't know anything about real heroes it seems. You don't have to be a ninja, you don't have to do some great deed for an entire village. What matters is that you save someone. And that that person will repay that kindness. And it will travel until someone who really needs it, like Haku had needed, will get some help.

A hero does not need need be praised for what they have done, they don't need recognition. All they need is to create some sort of light in this hell of a world.

"Hah, there's no such thing as a hero. You're just full of stupid ideas!" Inari exclaimed. Well... you're not wrong about Naruto. But... I really hope you'll see a true hero while we're here. That my being here won't change that out come.