15

From then on we began taking chores- I mean D-rank missions. Like in the anime, Naruto tried to best Sasuke in everything, which ended in disaster everytime.

I didn't bother trying to stop him, I didn't see the point.

Sasuke looked mildly amused by all of the attempts, and Sakura put on a face of annoyance but her eyes told that she was really laughing on the inside.

Speaking of Sakura, she did take what I said to heart and began eating better, which is good. I'm honestly surprised she actually listened to me.

Kakashi, on the other hand, has been trying to keep himself distant from us. He was still friendly, of course, but whenever they were goofing off he'd sit some ways away and look on with a sad yet fond smile.

While we were bonding, he kept his distance. Which, I think is pretty hypocritical of him if I'm being honest. He says we need to work on teamwork and do some 'team bonding' yet our team leader is keeping as much distance with us as possible while pretending to read a perverted book.

I don't doubt he actually reads it sometimes, no, but he isn't when he's watching us.

The worst part is, the anime doesn't say how long it took before they got the C-rank mission.

Speaking of, I'm gonna save Zabuza and Haku, or at least try to. There's no telling what will happen with me existing though.

My plan, currently, is to somehow keep Haku from getting a chidori through the heart. Now, I would do that by pulling Haku away from it, but then Zabuza would die.

And so, the plan is to somehow re-direct Kakashi's chidori. I mean- if I can't make it in time, then I can always heal Haku with my Iryō ninjutsu, but I would much prefer to not. Because, A it would take up a lot of my chakra, and B I would then have the rules for medic-nin's on my back. Meaning I basically wouldn't be able to fight unless I have Tsunades byakugou.

Oh wait- the Tora mission. We've just been given it.

Surprisingly, it took about a week and a half to get it. I knew it would be soon, but I didn't know it would be today!

How am I supposed to take care of the farm? And Tou-san? I'm pretty sure we'll be over there until the bridge is done, which will probably be three weeks or more, not to mention the two day travel there and back!

I would use my make shift raijin, but Kakashi would definatley notice the build up and release of chakra I would emit.

Geez, this is bad.

I guess... I'll just hope for the best?

Ah, I'm freaking out right now. Ignore it, focus on Tora.

-

"Sasuke, point B,"

"Sakura, Point C,"

"...Point A, dattebayo!"

"Naruto, you're late." Kakashi reprimanded.

"Kai, where are you?" Kakashi asks.

"Target is... has seen me... and is walking over," I explained.

It was very strange to find out... but apparently, animals really like me.

Tora is currently cuddling up to me, in my arms as we walk towards the hokages office.

Sakura is trying to get noticed by Sasuke, who is ignoring her, Naruto is currently nursing his face from when he tried to get Tora from me, and Kakashi has his nose stuck in his book.

-

We walk into the hokage office, Tora in my arms, and ready to receive our next mission.

The fire daimyo's wife was waiting for us.

"Oh, my sweet, precious, Tora!" She exclaimed running at me. I guess, since I'm unfortunately so small, she decided to pick us both up. And she began to cuddle us.

I put on an uncomfortable face as she smothered and suffocated me.

Kakashi's sweatdropped at the sight. Naruto was full on laughing, Sakura was trying and failing to hold in a giggle, and Sasuke's holding his hand over his mouth, turned away while shaking.

I would've fought back against her but, you know, she's the fire daimyo's wife. So all I could do was let it happen with a pout on my face.

"Ah, Mrs. Shijiki, apologies for interrupting this touching reunion," Kakashi cleared his throat, "but could you please release my cute little student,"

I know he calls us that, but it's still strange to hear. We're nearly the same age, man!

-

After the fire daimyo's wife left, not even bothering to apologize for nearly suffocating me, we were now ready for the hokage.

"Right! Team 7! Let's see. We have some weeding, taking care of children, oh! And even another dog walki-," he was cut off by Naruto, unsurprisingly.

"No!" He held his arms in the air as an x, "I don't want any more little kid missions! I'm a real ninja! I want a real ninja mission!" Naruto pouted, like a little kid, and crossed his arms across his chest.

"Ah, I see..." the Hokage began his rant on the ranking of the missions... (I don't wanna write that)

While the hokage was ranting, Naruto began speaking about ramen. He was going on about how he tried one type of ramen the other day, and what flavor he should try today.

It's nice to know what his portion of the money is being spent on... meanwhile I'm over here having to pay property tax and buy actual food with mine.

Kami must hate me.

Upon noticing that none of us were listening, Iruka began to berate us.

"No, it's okay. Naruto wants to prove he's not a brat, he's a previous brat who knows better. Alright. I'll give you a C-rank body gaurd mission," the hokage stated. The others seemed to find it strange that the hokage bent to Naruto's will so easily, but I didn't care.

"Oh! Oh! Who are we protecting!? Is it a princess!? A daimyo!?" Naruto exclaimed.

"Bring him in," the hokage called.

A few moments later a gray haired man with glasses, a hat, and drinking sake came in.

"Huh? This is who your assigning to me? A bunch of brats?" Tazuna asks, "and what's with the small one with the dumb expression?"

"Hahaha, who's the small one with the dumb expression!?" Naruto laughed loudly.

You, dumbass, but I have a feeling I know where this is going.

We all lined up, tallest to smallest. The order went as follows. Sasuke, Sakura, Naruto, and me. Of course.

"Hahahaha! Kai! He said you have a dumb face!" Naruto laughed. I sweatdropped, at least your having a laugh out of this Naruto.

"Actually, I was talking about you," Tazuna stated, "but now that you mention it, he is pretty small, will he really be able to go against any bandits we find?" Tazuna finishes with a swig of sake.

"Hey! I'll kill you!" Naruto exclaimed, running towards Tazuna, only to be grabbed by the collar by Kakashi.

"Hey now, there's no killing the client." Kakashi lazily reprimanded.

"I can assure you, all of my students are well trained and prepared for this mission," Kakashi eye smiled at the guy.

Well... we're not really. But, you don't know that.

"Well, my name's Tazuna. I'm a bridge builder from the land of waves. I expect you to protect me on my way back, even if it costs you your life,"

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Taisho secret:

After his mother's death, Kai began taking baths daily. He no longer cared if the water was hot or not, or if he'd get sick. He just wanted to be clean.