9

Through the past three years, I have grown more than in my first six.

First off, I'm still the shortest kid I'm my class, so unfortunately not physically.

But, I have learned various ninjutsu, genjutsu, iryō ninjutsu, and fuinjutsu and we have been learning basic academy taijutsu in class.

In the next two years we are going to begin practicing and learning the three academy jutsu, which I have already mastered to a tee.

On another note, my appearance has only grown more disheveled in these three years. With my long, messy, and matted black hair, tired eyes, with bags that could raivel the night sky, and face caked in dirt and grime from countless nights of working and training, I truely do look homeless.

My baggy clothes, bought to last the next years of my life, certainly don't help at all.

And since Kaa-sans death-

Kami, I can't even think about it without tearing up.

It strange, you know? She brought me into this world. She took care of me like a son. Like my previous mother never had.

After her death, Tou-san broke down. He doesn't say anything anymore.

My work load for the farm doubled-tripled even. He doesn't even leave the house.

He only eats, drinks, and stares at the wall anymore. So of course, my life went to shit.

I don't know how I'm still standing up right anymore. My nine, nearly ten, year old body can't handle all the strain. It's started to feed off of my chakra for most of it's energy, which isn't healthy if your wondering.

Shikamaru is worried for me, but I won't tell him why I'm like this. It would definatley change the plot.

There's been plenty of times over the years where he's asked me to join him and some of the other main cast after school, but of course I had to decline.

What does he expect? I'm running a farm all by myself. Of course I henge myself into Tou-san when I take the crop to sell.

It's so stressful now. How am I ment to become a shinobi? Tou-san won't eat if I don't make him, which means he won't eat when I go on missions. I could very well come home from a very long mission to see his starved and dead body on the couch.

In other news, I have created a knock off flying raijin. The basic concept is the same, but it takes longer to use, about 20 seconds which is way too long for in field use, but is perfect for only traveling long distances.

Of course, I use it to get to the academy and get home fast. Every lunch break I use it to go home so I can tend to the farm. Almost every free second, I am using.

And true to my word, all of my grades are perfectly average.

I sway as I sit in my seat next to Choji. My body might pass out soon. But it can't be today. It's Tuesday. Meaning the day I get to come back to town to sell produce.

Oh yeah, we're sparring today.

How will I fair there? I'm small and not very strong no matter how much I trained my muscles. So the only thing I have going for me is my speed and flexibility, though that's not good since my reaction time is slowed due to sleep deprivation.

Anyways, I have been slowly adapting the academy taijutsu to fit my body type. Unlike the others, who can brute strength their way through their opponents, I have to be smart about it and use my opponents weaknesses and even strengths against them.

If their bigger and stronger than me? All I need is the right amount of chakra in the right amount of places to bring them down. Then one other jutsu to keep them tied down.

But again, sleep deprivation has been keeping me from thinking straight and thinking fast. It'll probably take me five weeks to catch back up on sleep. That's the best part of this ninja body, it is a lot more durable.

-

Throughout the day, I was keeping up well with the classes. Taijutsu is after lunch. But of course, I have to go take care of the farm during lunch.

Iruka-sensei has noticed my appearance since... Kaa-san, but of course I haven't told him anything. And he doesn't do anything because he can't and my grades haven't fell.

I don't know why I don't give up on the farm. I'm sure the hokage could sponsor me and give me an apartment as an up and coming shinobi.

I guess I haven't given it up yet because it's the last thing I have of the simpler times. When my parents were happy. Alive. It's the last place I was happy. And I don't want to let it go, because in this world of shinobi, it's only going to get harder. Only going to grow more pain and misery.

The worst part? I was only a week away from finishing the jutsu to heal Kaa-san. I had finally gained enough knowledge on iryō ninjutsu and how to create them and had learned enough about the disease to begin to create a healing technique with the knowledge of biology and other stuff from my previous life.

But I was a week late. I was right there, had the answer on my fingertips, but it wasn't enough.

It took longer than it should have to notice the tears rolling down my face, falling onto the soil I was tilling for the next set of crops to plant.

I finally broke, the flood gates on my heart opened. I dropped to the ground, tears streaming down my face and I screamed.

One second of frustration, from being reborn into a world riddled with loss and war.

One second of sorrow, for the loss that had been weighing on my heart.

A third second of anger, at whoever decided it would be a good idea to reincarnate me into the god awful world.

The fourth second was of silence, for contemplation over what to do next.

And on the fifth second? I was back to tilling the soil, wiping the tears from my face.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Taisho secret:

Kai's favorite food is mochi, but he hasn't had any since being reincarnated since he doesn't know how to make it or have the money for it. He has a big sweet tooth!