Love Hurts

Zuma ran out of the building despite it raining hard, but Zuma didn't care. He was crying a lot and couldn't take it anymore and needed help.

ZUMA:"Why! Why is this happening to me!! Why are you doing this to me Rocky! I can't take this anymore! I need help!!" (continues to whimper loudly and even let out a howl)

Rex hears Zuma shouting and looks for where he's shouting from and realized he's not in the building. He looks out the window and sees Zuma near the road crying a lot. Rex immeadiately ran out and went to his aid to calm him down and care for him.

REX: "Pant, pant, Zuma! What's wrong! It's Rex!"

Zuma sees Rex coming to him and he is once again reminded that Rex is someone he can grieve and talk to.

ZUMA: (Grabs onto Rex)"Oh Rex! I can't take it anymore dude!"

REX: "What happened? You scared me Zuma. Did you write Rocky the letter?"

ZUMA: "Yes I did, and I put it where his table is next to Marshall's!"

REX: "So why are you acting like this then? What caused you to run out here?"

ZUMA: (sniffles from crying) "be... because, I saw h h him and m m m Marshall snuggled up on each other.... a a and sleeping together and they were so happy in their sleep....a a and.....it's too late Rex! I waited too long for that. I wanted that to be me with Rocky. I always dreampt of him and I sleeping together like little puppies, but he did it in real life with Marshall. It hurts Rex, it hurts so bad!"

Out of nowhere, Rex hears someone running towards them and it was Rocky which completely caught Rex off guard and he tried to get Zuma's attention but couldn't.

REX: "Wait Zum......"

ZUMA: "You know that saying, love comes for those who wait, but not for those who wait too late......"

REX: "But Zuma, Rocky's....."

ZUMA: ".......well I waited too late and now it's not going to happen for me because I love....."

Rex quickly overs Zuma's mouth as Rocky arrives to both of them which then caught Zuma off guard and his eyes grew and his whole body was stiff.

ROCKY: "Umm.........Z Z Zuma, is everything okay?"

Zuma was shocked when Rocky said his name because that was the first time in nearly 5 years Rocky said his name. Zuma was then put on the spot and forced to respond to Rocky.

ZUMA: (very nervous) "Uhhh..."

Zuma then ran away because he felt embarassed after what he did in the big theater room. Rocky then became sad again because Zuma ran away from him.

 Rocky then became sad again because Zuma ran away from him

ROCKY: "Zuma wait!! Zuma!!!"

Zuma ran to the other side of the field but once again heard Rocky call his name again which gave him a boost of happiness inside of him, but was still dominated by the grief overflowing inside him more.

ROCKY: "Rex, what's going on? What's wrong with him?"

REX: "He's heartbroken Rocky."

ROCKY: "Heartbroken? About what?"

REX: "You really don't know? I thought you would of figured it out by now."

Rocky thinks he did figure it out, but he wasn't 100% sure. Rex wouldn't tell Rocky exactly what was bothering Zuma and wanted him to figure it out for himself. 

While Rocky went back inside the very old camp building, he went back to Marshall as a very wet and sad pup. Marshall couldn't take it anymore on what was bothering Rocky so he forced Rocky to speak up about it.

MARSHALL: "Rocky, you are not going anywhere until you tell me what is going on with you and why Zuma seems to be feeling the same way. Did I do something? I'm your best friend, I am there for you Rocky, I want to help, I feel so bad when you don't tell me what's happening and I feel careless and useless when you don't say anything. Please?"

Rocky caved in and talked to Marshall.

ROCKY: "Sigh. Okay, follow me."

Rocky takes Marshall into a small, dark, and quiet room. Marshall, not sure what was going on and was nervous because Rocky closed the door, but didn't turn the lights on yet. But then Rocky grabbed a flashlight, turned it on, and put it on the ground where they were both sitting. Rocky did that because he didn't want anyone to know someone was in there and then eavesdropping into their conversation. So Rocky and Marshall whispered.....

MARSHALL: "So what's wrong Rocky?"

ROCKY: "I think, umm Zuma is upset with me."

Marshall was also shocked to hear that Rocky said Zuma's name for the first time in nearly 5 years.

MARSHALL: "........Uhh, wow. Well umm...why do you think ZUMA's upset with you?"

ROCKY: "I feel like I've made him jealous by ignoring him so much and hanging out with you a lot, but I'm not sure if that's what he's feeling. He's ignored me for years too and always hangs out with Rubble sometimes. I thought he didn't want to talk to me anymore so I did the same to him. It's so hard to tell what he's thinking."

MARSHALL: "Do you think he doesn't like you anymore?"

ROCKY: "I don't know Marshall. He never speaks up about his problems and.....well, I guess I haven't spoken up about mines either."

MARSHALL: "You have to talk to him Rocky, that will make things better between you and him and wherever it goes, at least it went somewhere, if you know what I mean."

ROCKY: "I tried to talk to him just now, then he ran off, but I get it, and that's why I've been with you for all these years Marshall because youre my best friend and I enjoy doing everything with you and I don't care what it is. You're the best pup a pup could ever have."

Marshall flattered by what Rocky just said about him, but also noticed he tried to throw the Zuma topic out of the conversation and make it about himself and Marshall again.

MARSHALL: "You see what you just did Rocky. Look, I'm flattered that we are such great friends, but maybe that's why Zuma won't talk to you, because he thinks you want to forget about him and I don't think you see that."

ROCKY: "Ugh, you're right Marshall! I like both of you the same, but Zuma......well..... he was the first, just like how you and Chase were close together too back in the day. But I think it's too late Marshall."

Rocky then left Marshall to have time to himself and his thoughts.

END OF CHAPTER 4