𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 9 - 𝕻𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕸𝖆𝖌𝖎𝖈𝖎𝖆𝖓

Two years have passed since Callisto and Reynold gone to the battlefield. Penelope is now 15 years old. For the past two years, she learnt magic with the magician.

She still talks with Derrick but it's not the same without Reynold. 

Meanwhile Derrick and Kaiser seems to get along. It's pretty a weird combination.

Penelope finished with her study, she's getting ready to go out with her friends.

"Emily, get my gloves." Ordered Penelope. 

"Yes, my lady." Said the maid.

Emily is the maid that Kaiser recommended her to take in. Penelope trust his judgement and she hired Emily. So far, Emily is a loyal maid. If she's a noble, Penelope would love to take her as a lady in waiting.

Penelope have been careful enough to watch her step as Callisto warn her about the empress schemes. In the other hand, Kaiser help Penelope, convinced everyone that the Eckhart is still neutral as ever.

"Ella!" Penelope smiles as she see her friend. 

They have been close as ever that they started to call each other without formality.

"Penelope! You're here!" She smiles. "Clara is inside, come in." Said Ella as she guide Penelope in.

"Penny!!!" Clara smile as she saw Penelope. 

They're at the cafe, a regular cafe they love to visit. They settle for desserts, then some tea.

Clara put the letter on the table, a letter she received from her father.

"This is the last letter I got from my father. That was a week ago." Said Clara. "I asked everyone about this, they said they didn't receive any letters anymore..."

"We didn't receive any too..." Said Ella. "The contacts have been cut off... The wars, it have been 2 years..." 

"... I heard from my brother that our soldiers have invaded 2 country." Whispered Penelope. "Though, there's the last powerful kingdom.. hm..." 

"The Delman kingdom right? I heard the reason why the wars happened because that one solely kingdom associates with dark magic." Add Clara. "My father, from the letter told me the unspoken history. The kingdom stole the magic stone of core from this empire..."

"Magic...?" Ella eyes widened. "This empire use magic? I heard the previous Emperor declared all sorcerers to be banished because this empire need no magic. What is this—"