𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 8 - 𝖕𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖊

Penelope already went back to the banquet, Callisto stays in the garden as he was told by her someone wanted to meet him.

After a couple of minutes, Derrick made his appearance.

"Little lord? You're the one who want to meet me?" Callisto was a bit taken off. "I heard you acted like a mad dog and got grounded, did you want me to speak to your father and lift up your punishment?" Joked Callisto.

"Your highness, this is a serious matter about Reynold. I don't care if we lose or win, all I care is my brother survival." Said Derrick. "I want you to use your authority as crown prince and forbid him to go."

"Ah... Just because I'm the crown prince, doesn't mean I have the power to do so. We're going to depart next week, there's no much time..." He sighed.

"... If I take down the empress, will you help me?" Asked Derrick.

"What...? Hah... ... Lord Eckhart, it'll be count as treason." Callisto scoffed. "But who knows... If I were at war and the empress got taken down, I might have to go home earlier than I should." 

"... ... If that's the case... I believe you to take care of my brother." Said Derrick. "Farewell, Your highness." 

"You talk as if you're going to do a suicide mission..." He scoffed. "I wish you luck, little lord." 

Derrick nodded and left the garden. He gather enough evidence, he recorded his conversation with Callisto. In case if their plan didn't work and he have to be execute, at least they want their family and Callisto to be spare.

"This... ... Is very dangerous." Muttered Derrick.

"We wouldn't have to do this if it weren't for the empress. She did this on purpose..." Said the woman.

"Hana... Isn't it obvious? Because of Penelope and crown prince talked earlier than they should, the empress thought the Eckhart is on the crown prince side. She's scheming on taking my family down starting with Reynold because she knew Reynold is incapable of surviving by his own." Derrick slightly raise his voice as he gets frustrated. "Because of your selfish desire to change the story, my brother became a victim."

"Since when did you care, last time I read the novel you never care." Hana scoffed and rolled her eyes.

"I always care." Derrick began to frown. "Novel? Don't make me laugh, you said everything in the novel is my little sister's point of view, never once it explore any of the characters backstory." He sighed. "You may love Penelope but this world doesn't revolve around her or you. It's not fair to make other suffer from what little information you know." He clench his fists, trying to calm himself down. 

"Derrick... That's—"

"I put up with you enough, I just want Yvonne back but you told me, she's dead. Now Reynold will go to war. Haha... I'm going to lose all of my family right? Maybe you'll be selfish than ever and my only little sister will be gone too." Derrick hide his expression away from Hana. "That's enough... No matter how hard I tried to make you go away, you'll just stuck to me. It's my fault that I got attached."