The lady breezed in, and Dinma caught the glimpse of recognition that passed through Yomi's features.

“Auntie Gwace!” The little girl yelled from behind her, and in a blur the girl raced to the lady for an embrace, and Dinma couldn't deny that she felt a twitch of jealousy course through her veins.

She shouldn't be jealous of the gorgeous lady that seemed to be somehow related to Yomi, and had Zara hugging her like she was her mum, right? For heaven's sake it could be his sister. Or not.

“Kamsi” Yomi acknowledged with a nod.

Definitely not his sister, but who was she?

The lady offered a tight clipped smile. “Yomi.”

She was Grace and Kamsi?

“Good afternoon.” The logical part of Dinma greeted. But the lady responded with a non committal sound, her eyes still on Yomi.

“You didn't tell me you were coming.” Yomi said.

“I was supposed to announce it?”

“At least tell me prior to your visit.”

He clearly didn't like her.

“Did I meet you at a bad time?” She asked, then spared Dinma a glance. Her eyes seemed to scan her, then condescendingly, she said “How nice to finally bring home a bedmate.”

Dinma felt her face flush.

What the hell? The lady barely knew her and was already tagging her a prostitute.

She saw the tick in his jaw before she heard him speak.
“She's Zara's nanny.”

She didn't exactly relish the title, but it was better than being called a bedmate, at least not until she was sure of their relationship.

Her face warmed at the thought.

“My bad.” Grace uttered, not in any way apologetic. Then turning to Yomi, “Are you heading out?”

Yomi nodded. “Yeah. We're going to the beach.”

“Oh great! Can I join you guys? I really want to talk with you and I don't mind doing that in the beach.” Her voice sounded whinny and desperate, and Dinma could swear she saw her bat her lashes, she found herself silently praying that he would refuse.

“Okay.” Came his weak reply much to her disappointment.

Throughout the trip, Dinma didn't realize that she shot glares at the seat in front of her, fuming with clenched fist until she felt her hand on hers. It was Zara's. She wanted to show Dinma an interesting ad she had seen on a billboard.

Dinma was grateful for the distraction, but it didn't help one bit. She was angry because Grace had insisted on the shotgun, leaving her and Zara in the passengers seat. For Christ's sake, that was her spot.

It was supposed to be a nice bonding time, with Zara, and Yomi, and beach waves. But Miss no identity decides to show up— how convenient— and ruin it.
She could hear the little girl babbling beside her obviously telling a story, but she wasn't listening, she was trying hard to listen in on the conversation of the duo in front of her, over the radio playing.

Yomi's voice was low, so it made it hard for her to hear a thing, and subconsciously she found herself leaning towards the front seat. When she heard Grace laugh and slap a hand flirtatiously on his bicep, her patience broke. Without thinking, she leaned in, between them, reaching for the radio and switched it off. And when they both gave her weird glances, she returned them with a forced smile.
There! She would be able to hear what was so funny.