Chapter 26 | complicated

Start from the beginning

"So what are you lemonade mouth wannabes playing today?" Alya asked.

"Remember a while ago when we all said Adrien should write a song because he's in the band now?" Luka began.

"Finally! He finished it?" Juleka replied.

Luka picked up the copies of the sheet music and lyrics he made that sat on top of the notebook and handed them out.

"We recorded it the other week, it's finally done" Luka said.

Eagerly reading over the papers, the band and their friends were impressed with the song despite it being the blondes first one.

"Woah, for a first time lyricist he's pretty good!" Rose complimented.

"He's a skilled writer, talked about writing a book as well" Luka said, loving it praise the one he loved.

"Heeey is this line about you?" Jueleka asked, pointing to the section Adrien has referenced Luka in.

Immediately everyone looked over her shoulder to see where she was pointing.

"There he was, my new best friend
Guitar on his back, swayin' in the wind
While he starts to cry
Mascara running down his little Bambi eyes
'Adri, how I hate those girls
Oh yeah that's totally about Luka" Nino read aloud.

It was no secret the two had gotten extremely close over the months, and it wasn't a surprise to anyone Adrien would add a nod to the one who was helping him write the song in the first place.

"Well... yeah..." Luka admitted, still feeling flattered Adrien had added that part about him.

Even though now it would be boyfriend, not best friend.

Alya looked up at him, giving him a knowing glance. He gave the same look back, she was the only one outside his family that knew so far. He appreciated her for keeping it secret all this time while they figured things out.

"Aww, he's always so sappy about his friends. It's so cute" Marinette sighed, her usual heart eyed self over Adrien.

"Y-yeah... he sure does love his friends" Luka replied, slightly on edge.

As the band read over the sheet music and snacked, they talked about how they'd be able to pick up the song quickly and hoped that Adrien liked the way they'd perform it. They'd all noticed he'd been down recently, he wouldn't say why. He just said 'family issues' whenever they asked, so they knew not to pry since his family was notoriously complicated. But being his friends they all just wanted him to be happy and safe, so they hoped playing his song well would cheer him up.

"Have you guys been writing anything else? He's been over a lot recently" Nino asked.

"Uh- yeah, we're testing out some new songs" Luka replied.

It wasn't a total lie, they were writing more. But it wasn't the sole reason Adrien had been over a lot, aside from hiding from Gabriel Adrien was also over to spend the evenings kissing locked away in Lukas room. Teenage hormones and all, the two were all over each other recently. But of course, no one knew that.

The book they'd been writing and scrapbooking in was at the end of the table, and had gone unnoticed up until the mention of new songs. Upon seeing it, Kagami pointed it out.

"Can we read them?" She asked.

"Ooo I wanna see!" Rose added, reaching for the book.

"NO WAIT-" Luka exclaimed, reaching for it as well.

But it was too late, she picked it up and as soon as she did the few loose photos they had in there fell out onto the table.

"Oh, oops! You need to glue them down silly!" She apologised.