1.8 "Should He Keep His Surname?"

Start from the beginning

"Hello, Jinhai-ge. I haven't seen you for a year." Yongliang gave a polite smile. This Duan Jinhai was not a bad person but he did not have a good eye to look at people. This person was a face-con and the female lead happened to be his type.

"Yongliang, you look so cute right now..." Duan Jinhai was always a friendly person. He was about to reach his hand out to pinch Yongliang's chubby cheek.

Before he could reach him, an icy glare was cast at him. Ren Jian's arm wrapped around Yongliang's waist and pulled him close to himself. Yongliang immediately slapped that shameless hand and glared at Ren Jian.

Noticing his glare, Ren Jian quickly showed his pitiful appearance with puppy eyes and pursed lips. Yongliang rolled his eyes. This shameless person knew how to hit his soft spot and dare to use it every time he felt dissatisfied. He could only sigh and let that shameless bastard do whatever he wanted.

'Where's the iceberg?!? This is a damn puddle!!' Yongliang screamed in his heart. He puffed his face.

'Ah, I feel so full. So full that I want to vomit.' Looking at these interactions, it felt like a hundred bowls of dog food were shoved to his face.

He was not the first victim because the Lai parents witnessed it first. They were happy for Yongliang as they thought his love was finally reciprocated. However, they wondered why he had not accepted Ren Jian yet. There was also a heated debate if he would change his surname to Ren.

The reason for his hesitation was simple. Even though he seemed to have accepted Ren Jian's relentless pursuit, more like giving up. He was not ready to open his heart yet because he did not know if he could change the plot. What if one day the male lead returned to the ice-cold president as before?

A dilemma was always haunted his mind ever since he realized Ren Jian's feelings. What would happen if the plot collapsed? Could he still stay here? If not, then he had to watch the male lead and female lead got together. None of the possibilities sounded appealing to him.

At some point, Duan Jinhai sat on the bench next to him. He was a chatter mouth as he kept sharing about his stale love life. He met his ideal type but he did not know how to pursue them. Looking at Yongliang and Ren Jian's lovey-dovey atmosphere brought him jealousy so he decided to ask for love advice.

"You should look at their inside first before deciding, Jinhai-ge." Yongliang shook his head at this face.

"I-Inside?!? But isn't that rude when I don't even know if they like me or not?" Duan Jinhai let out a gasp and covered his mouth in horror.

Yongliang's left eye twitched as he screamed in his head.

'THIS STUPID ASS SECOND MALE LEAD! WHAT IS IN HIS HEAD?!? SO FULL OF SUNSHINE THAT HE HAD NO LOGIC?!?'

Duan Jinhai then began to reprimand him for being perverted. That was enough, he lost his patience and raised his hand to knock on that stupid head.

"What are you on about?! I was talking about personality! PERSONALITY! You're the one with the dirty mind!"

Looking at their interaction, Ren Jian sulked and pulled him closer to his side. Yongliang calmed down when he got into Ren Jian's embrace. He slowly got used to this because this one even felt jealous of the Lai parents. He just leaned his head back onto Ren Jian's firm chest. Ren Jian smiled at this.

"Don't lose your temper, it's not good for your health. Should I get rid of the reason causing it?" He caressed Yongliang's cheeks as he spoke in a soft voice. And this soft voice scared Duan Jinhai.

"Jinhai-ge has always been like this. Thank god that he is good at acting or I don't know how he would have survived." He just sighed.

"What?!? Hey! I am perfectly capable and smart, ok?" Duan Jinhai retorted.

.....

The cheerful conversation continued the entire evening. In the seating room, Duan Jinhai was baffled. He finally read the news about Yongliang's supposedly assault. He was also one of the people that knew of Yongliang's feelings for Ren Jian ever since high school. That was why he felt pity for both himself and Yongliang when he saw Sun Xia accompanying Ren Jian.

"Why are the two powerful families not doing anything at all?"

"I'm just waiting for the right time... for more evidence." Yongliang smiled as he got fed apples by Ren Jian.

Please go back and tell Sun Xia of his and Ren Jian's ambiguous relationship. The sooner the better, he had to advance the plot to the turning point of Ren Jian and Sun Xia's relationship. With the pattern of how she resolved issues, it was not hard to guess what she would do next to secure her relationship with Ren Jian.

Yongliang then thought of what kind of things she would break next when she learned that her rival was him. The person that she thought was unworthy because of his appearance. He sneered at the hypocrite.