Chapter 28: Beginning of a bounty hunter

Stewart politely knocked on the door. No response Stewart closed his eyes again and sensed inside room Miss Sharron was still hiding behind the door ready to ambush. Stewart wanted to cry. (What am I supposed to do? I really didn't think this out before I came.) Then the door suddenly opened and a zombie stood behind the door. (Can I only sense living things? That would mean Miss Sharron isn't in her wraith form.) Stewart carefully followed the zombie into the room and saw Maric was sitting at the head of the table while Miss Sharron sat near the door like an exquisitely crafted doll.

"I thought you weren't going to trust me since a stranger claiming to want to warn you about an impending attack would be suspicious even to normal people." Stewart said politely. "Too weak can't cause harm." This stabbed into Stewarts heart like an arrow. (I thought they saw me as a treat and was taking me seriously.) Stewart thought. "Right back to why I came here, sometime between September and November this year three people from the Desire faction will come and attack you. These three attackers consist of a wraith named Steve, a zombie named Jason and a werewolf named Tyre."

Stewart watched closely as Miss Sharron and Maric's expression change, at various degrees. "O right there also bringing the Scarlet Lunar Corona and a item called the Biological Poison Bottle." The room went quite until Maric asked. "Why are you telling us this? you know if you mess up there plans they will seek revenge." Stewart laughed and said. "Take it as a sign of good will a attempt at making a friend." Another silence fell over the room. "Well look at the time." Stewart said as he looked at his pocket watch. "Well I got to get going." Before leaving Stewart turned around and said. "O right if you want magical item or sealed artifacts made you can come look for me."

June 5th Year 1349 5th Epoch , Backlund

Stewart woke up earlier then usual put on the worker clothes and head toward the east borough. (Time to start my carrier as a bounty hunter.) Stewart thought as he got off the carriage in the east borough. After arriving at Xio's apartment, Stewart again fashioned a key out of a wire like last time and entered the room. (Hope I don't get punched again.) Stewart sat and waited for around 20 minutes until the door knob turned.

"Hello." Stewart said with a smile. Xio was much calmer this time, again punching him in the face much lighter only making Stewart stumble. "What was that for!?" Stewart asked. "I wanted to see if you got any physically stronger after advancing to sequence 8." Xio said in a cheerful tone. "Of course not, the savant pathway doesn't get any attacking abilities other that machines, magical items and sealed artifact until sequence 5 astronomer." Stewart purposely said this to show that he new the savant pathway very well. "By the way did something good happen you seem very happy." Xio paused for a second thinking about the information Stewart just gave him and responded. "Right, recently someone put a large bounty on information about a guy name Ince Zangwill." This shocked Stewart. (Did the Church of the Evernight Goddess put a bounty on Ince Zangwill's information in the original novel or is it the butterfly effect caused by the note I left Daly.)

'"Just as a warning you shouldn't get involved in this it's very dangerous." Stewart said in a serious tone. "What do you know?" Xio asked knowing that I knew a lot. "I cant tell you too much but I can tell you some of Ince Zangwill's basic Information. Ince Zangwill Corpse Collector pathway Sequence 5 gatekeeper." Just hearing this sentence made Xio's expression change dramatically. "He also stole a grade zero artifact from the Church of the Evernight Goddess, if you don't know grade zero artifact are sealed artifacts formed from sequence 1 or 2 beyonder characteristics." Xio seemed shocked but also confused. "What are beyonder characteristics? They sound powerful." Stewart looked blankly at Xio. "Sh*t I forgot you don't even know information as basic as this." Xio seemed angry at this. "What is that supposed to mean?" Xio asked slightly angry. Stewart just smiled and explained. "Beyonder characteristics are what beyonders leave behind after they die, they can be made into sealed artifacts or be used as both main ingredient of the corresponding potion."

"S... So what your saying is." Xio said in a shaky tone. "Yes... every beyonder is another beyonders main ingredient." But Xio gave an exited look. "All I have to do is kill another arbiter to become a full arbiter myself!?" This caused Stewarts mind to blank. (Huh? What kind of reaction is that?) Stewart then awkwardly said. "Well that's another way to look at it seeing yourself as a hunter instead of prey. But you have to remember your only half of a sequence 9. So your weaker technically weaker than me." This caused Xio to raise her fist again. "In total combat power since I have a few sealed artifacts." Xio put down her fist and said. "Back to why you first came here you said you want to become a bounty hunter since the Ince Zangwill mission is too dangerous what bounty should we do?"

"Your the professional here, you choose the bounty you feel we should do and I'll tell you if it's to dangerous." Stewart replied. "Alright then let's go see if there are new bounties, at the bar. And also you should hide your identity somehow or you and your family may be targeted in normal life." Xio said. "What about you? You don't hide your identity?" Stewart asked. "I don't have family to be targeted." Xio answered without thinking. "What about Fors your mother and your brother?" Stewart asked confused. "Huh?" Xio answered before she understood what she heard. "And about me my mother is dead and my father is a higher sequence than me." Stewart continued. Xio finally understanding what she heard raised her fist and punched at Stewart full force.