Chapter 11: Magpie

Stewart turns a corner and hides the person tailing him, is cautious and doesn't immediately turn after he left their line of sight. Stewart activates his wings and uses wind to propel himself onto a nearby roof. He then softens his fall with his wings and drops behind the person tailing him and immediately restraining them with a choke hold. Stewart reaches to pull down the hood of the struggling figure to try to figure out who it is. Stewart thought it might have been Xio because she might not fully trust him yet and wanted to see what kind of person he was. When Stewart pulled the hood of the figure he became slightly confused. The person he was holding was a middle aged man that he had never seen before. Stewart knew something was wrong so he choked the man just enough so that they would pass out. Stewart took the man's jacket, left him there and went into the bar to buy some beer. He rubbed the beer on the jacket to make it smell like alcohol. Stewart then left the bar, put the jacket on the man and got a carriage using the excuse that his friend was drunk to explain the unconscious man. The smell of alcohol made the coachman not question what he said.

Stewart paid the coachman and got off somewhere near the east borough but not in the east borough because that would endanger the coachman and arouse suspicion. Stewart carries the man to the house that Xio rented in the east borough and using his ability to recall he recalled the shape of the key that Xio used to open the door and replicated the pattern of the key using a wire he picked up on his way here and entered the house that Xio rented. He then tied the man to the chair he was tied to in the morning put the pair of terror demon worm eyes in the garden of glass. Stewart exited the garden and fell asleep on the bed provided in the house.

May 4th Year 1349 5th Epoch , Backlund

Stewart got up in the morning and left the room. He went to the diner where Old Kohler would meet with Sherlock and had breakfast. He then returns to the house knowing that Xio would come here soon and as he expected he hears the click of the door opening as Xio enters the house. Stewart leaned against the wall and said. "Hey Xio, I need you to help me interrogate this guy." Before Stewart got a response he saw the shape of a fist enlarge then he hit the wall. "Why are you in my east borough house!?" Xio asked angrily, "Someone was tailing me last night and I am not good at interrogating so I thought to come to you." Stewart said, rubbing his face. "Still not a reason for you to break into my house!" Xio said angrily. "Alright I'm sorry. I'll leave as soon as you help me interrogate this person." Stewart said sorrily. " uhh, there's no point in you leaving, you were able to get in so that means you can get in again. Let's see who you want me to interrogate." Xio said as she took a good look at the person tied to the chair.

At this point the man has woken up and is struggling in his chair. After some friendly conversation they found out that he is an outer member of the MI9 he used his contributions to trade for a main ingredient of Arbiter and goes to different beyonder gatherings to sell the ingredient, tail them and capture them to get the ingredient back and turn in the captured person and use the reason for them knowing the arbiter formula as a way for more contributions. After getting all the information he needed he killed the man and threw him out the window. The police of the east borough wouldn't care. And there is no sign of ritual so it won't attract beyonders. After doing this Stewart turned to Xio and asked "So why are you here?" Xio looked at him not minding he just killed a person and asked "What do you mean I work motley in the east borough." Stewart replied "You're a bounty hunter so not all your jobs are in the east borough and I get interrogating people in your house outside the east borough isn't very good but you shouldn't come here every day so why are you here?

"There have been quite a few beyonder teams patrolling the entirety of Backlund, seeming to be looking for someone." Just as Xio got to this Stewart suddenly heard a faint call of a magpie, which made Stewart feel uncomfortable. Stewart looked at Xio, who was still talking like she wasn't able to hear the sound. Stewart ran into the streets as Xio followed asking what he was doing under Xio's confused Stewart took a few steps in each direction Stewart ran toward the direction where he could hear the magpie more clearly. He ran until all he could hear was the sound of a magpie and turned to the building which the magpie sound came from. Xio was still following him and heard the magpie but at normal volume and looked at Stewart in surprise. Stewart entered the apartment and saw a familiar scene, a magpie standing on the windowsill at the end of the corridor with all the people inside sprouting feathers with impossible eye rotation. Again Stewart ran at the magpie but this time the magpie didn't run away instead the people that were growing feathers jumped at his pinning him to the ground. Xio also entered the apartment and came over to help Stewart but the feathers of the people attacking Stewart had already fully grown. The magpie opens its mouth as illusory smoke coming out of the mouth of the people who are turning into birds. As the feathers on the people start shrinking the flesh around the wound on the chest of the magpie starts writhing as the wound shrinks at an incredible rate. Instead of attacking, the magpie flew away. The people that have returned to normal collapsed.

POLL

Your choice affect the future story

1. Stewart should go to the east borough every day to try and interrupt the magpie

or

2. Stewart should focus on getting stronger