Chapter Seven: You're Undead to Me

Mads sent Caroline home with the vial of vervain and told her to make sure that she drank it every morning to make sure it was always in her system so she couldn't be compelled again and told her to let her know when she needed more and the Lennox witch would supply her a refill.

Caroline had agreed that she would do what Mads said, she really did not want to be put back in that type of situation again.

The next day Mads and Caroline met at the entrance of the school and walked in arm in arm, Caroline was talking about the car wash that was tomorrow. "The sexy suds car wash is tomorrow. The football team and the band have committed. Well, not all the band. Just the ones who could pull off the bikini. I want, in your face, sexy. I mean, it's a fundraiser, for god's sake."

After Mads removed the compulsion they decided that Caroline would pretend that she had no clue what was going on so as to not raise suspicion. The two girls approached Stefan and Elena their arms still linked, Mads face not portraying anything at all besides the slight glare that she gave Stefan.

Caroline looked at the youngest Salvatore "Stefan, where is Damon? He has some serious apologizing to do."

The vampire looked at her "He's gone, Caroline."

"When is he coming back?" the Forbes girl questioned.

"He's not coming back. I'm sorry."

Elena gave the girl a look "This is a good thing, Caroline."
"I know that." After that Mads lead Caroline away from the two both blondes rolled their eyes as they headed to class.

***

After school, Mads had texted her mom and asked if she could sleep over at Caroline's so that they could finish the planning for the car wash and everything to which her mom said she could.

Mads was sitting on Caroline's bed as the other blonde looked at her "alright Mads, what's going on? you've been distracted all day."

The Lennox witch sighed looking at her best friend "okay so you know how when I removed the compulsion from you and I said I felt that presence?"

"Yeah, but you said it wasn't a bad feeling."

"Well I haven't been able to stop thinking about it, I don't even know what it was and now it's like that warm comforting feeling I got from it is all I can think about. This has never happened before."

Caroline looked at her for a moment "maybe the presence was your soulmate... you said you were connected by magic right what if he can feel or whatever when you do magic but because you hadn't done very many spells that used as much magic as the compulsion removal one?"

Mads stared at her for a moment "wait a minute... you might be on to something there Care-Bear, it would make sense that he could see and or feel when I do magic since it's that magic that connects us."

Caroline's phone rang before she had a chance to reply to the Lennox witch, she answered the phone and Mads dug through her bag looking for her grimoire that her aunt Julie had given her, now that she had an idea about the presence she was gonna try and make contact just out of pure curiosity.

She found the grimoire and started flipping through it while Caroline was on the phone, Mads zoned in on flipping through her spellbook that she didn't even realize that Care had gotten off the phone until she heard "Shoo, Shoo."

Mads looked at her "what's up Care?"

"I think I'm going crazy, Mads I swear I just heard Damon's voice say my name."

Mads rolled her eyes "he's in your head Care, it's a vampire trick the vervain can stop them from compelling you but it can't keep them from playing tricks like that, you just gotta ignore it."