𝙸𝚇

Arins pov

*An hour later*

I walked to Dans office after I got y/n to calm down.

I knocked when I got to the door.

"Come in."

I opened the door and I saw Dan, hard at work, sending emails.

I looked at his face and he had a dejected look on his face.

"You know she loves you too, right?"

His head perked up as he looked at me.

"What?" He asked like he didn't believe what I said.

"Y/n... she loves you."

"Then why didn't she say so?"

"Because she's kind of awkward when it come to that kind of stuff, Dan."

"Oh. I wish I knew that sooner, y'know, before I started hating myself."

I sighed.

"So she feels the same way?"

"Yes, Dan, she does, why do you think she's never had a bad day?"

"Oh... I should've known that."

"Was she wearing beautiful outfits to see if I'd notice them?"

"Well... yes and no, she wore them because "they were so cute," and because Suzy was gonna wear a matching outfit, but along the way, as she started wearing more and more cute outfits, the more and more that you complemented her. So she started wearing them more often."

"So I would complement her..." He realized.

"It didn't start that way, it just became that way?"

I nodded "Yes," I put my hand in my pocket, suddenly remembering a piece of paper that she wanted me to give him, "here, she wanted me to give this to you."

"Thanks, I'll read it later." He said, putting the note in his pocket.

"Alright, I'll leave you alone now."

Dans pov

Arin waved at before he walked out the door.

When the door shut, I leaned back into the chair and I pulled the note out of my pocket and I opened it.

"Dan, I'm writing this letter to you because I don't know how to say this out loud. It's true what Arin told you. I love you, Dan. I was just surprised. I wish I didn't run away, I wish I stayed, but what would I have said? How was I going to say it? I'm horrible with words, and I fumble over them all the time. That's why I choose to stay quiet most of the time. English doesn't agree with me so I just give up and stop talking, so I'll write down what I'm feeling so I don't have to talk. I love you Dan, I could say that a hundred thousand times."

I smiled as my face turned red.

"Wow, she does love me." I say to myself quietly.

*The next day*

I walked into the office and I immediately went to y/n's office.

I heard loud music, so I knocked.

After a second the music turned off, so it knocked again.

"Who is it?" She asked.

"Dan." I said, suddenly wishing that I didn't show up at her office to talk about something so personal.

The door opened, and I noticed that she only turned the music down.

She was holding a box with a bow on it.

"Here, a gift that you might like, I saw it at the store, and I thought of you."

"Aw, thanks." I said as I took the wrapping paper, leaving a box with a lid.

I pulled the lid off of the box and I saw a mug.

I grabbed the mug and took it out of the box.

It's a Star Trek mug.

I smiled "Thank you, y/n. You found this at the store? Which one?"

"Walmart."

"Really? I was just there yesterday, and I didn't see any there."

"Well we don't find things if we're not looking for them." She said,

"Ah, that's true. But we also sometimes find things, even if we aren't looking." I said, smiling as I leaned up against the door frame.

"That's true too, yesterday I found my lost necklace that my best friend gave to me 6 years ago."

"When did you lose it?"

"2 years ago."

"That's not that bad. Where was it?" I asked.

"the most obvious place I was too dumb to think of." She said, hiding her embarrassment behind her hand.

"Where?" I asked, a look of amusement plastered on my face.

"My miscellaneous drawer." She said, obviously ashamed about losing a token of their friendship.

"Dude you tell her that you lost it?"

"No, whenever she'd ask about it, I would just say that I didn't feel like wearing it."

I smirk.

"Do I know this friend?"

"No you do not, even if you did, I'd hurt you if you told her this."

"Okay."

It was like we remembered what happened yesterday, because we both went quiet, and she couldn't make eye contact with me.