𝚅

"Suzy, you need to come here and listen to these new ideas we just thought of." Arin said, and they walked back into the room full of people.

Y/n walked away and I and followed her to the door.

"Hey, y/n." I said.

She turned around.

"Yes?"

"Do you really have a secret stash?" I asked, wanting to figure out why she said that.

"I used to, I spent it on rent four months ago when I lost my job."

"I lied to them, I didn't want them to give me their money and make me feel worse." She motioned to where Arin and Suzy were.

"Oh, alright, I believe you." I smiled softly.

She smiled and said "Thank you again, this is probably the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me, but I gotta go, I wasn't kidding about the landlord thing."

I nodded understandingly "Okay, you can go."

She walked out of the door and I said "I hope for the best."

She looked back and smiled.

"Thanks."

*Two hours later*

"Hey Dan." Arin said as he sat down next to me.

"Hey Arin, what's up?" I said, looking up from my phone.

"Y/n almost got evicted." He said as he looked at the tv.

"Really?" I asked, acting like I didn't know what he was talking about.

"Yeah, y/n told Suzy that you lent her money to help play the landlord."

I bit the inside of my cheek to hide my emotions.

"She told Suzy that I lent money to her?"

"Yep, and there are no lies or secrets between me and Suzy.

"How much money did you lend her, Dan?"

"$400."

He smiled "You're so nice, Dan."

"And y/n said that she'll repay you as soon as she can." He said.

"No, I'm not accepting money back, she needed that money, and I was glad to help one of your friends." I said, looking down at my phone.

*Two days later*

I sat down at my desk and sighed as I picked up my phone to call y/n.

But I found myself not able to actually call her.

We have an extra office that's been used as a storage room for two years now.

I finally got the nerve to call her.

The phone rang five times before she answered.

"Hi-lo?" She asked, her voice was muffled.

"Hello?" I asked, questioning the word she just said.

"Oh, hi, sorry, I didn't know who you were at first, I forgot to save your number in all of the hullabaloo."

I smiled softly "That's alright, I just wanted to let you know that I would love to have you work here at GameGrumps because you are just a beautiful personality and you would make the greatest addition to GameGrumps ever."

"You're hired." I said and it went quiet for a second, as if she was processing what I said.

"Oh my gosh, really?"

"Yes, you start working in four days, so just relax and have a great time before you have to come in and just be burdened by having to leave the house." I said jokingly.

She laughed "Alright, I will, thank you so much."

I smiled "You're welcome."

"I'm gonna go swimming, and do all other things that are fun." She said excitedly before hanging up.

I smiled as I looked at my phone, which showed the end call screen and the time we were on the call.

53 seconds. (I actually said all of the dialogue into my voice recorder and that's what came out, I'm just tryin to be accurate y'know?"

I leaned back into my office chair and I smiled.

Wow.

I sighed again, a smile on my face.

"I'm in such a good mood today." I said to myself.