Chapter 10 - Sick

Start from the beginning

"What are you going to do?"

"You'll see. I have to go munchkin, I've been out for too long. Bye!"

The line went silent and a few minutes passed before Stella walked in with a big bowl of hot soup.

I can feel a headache coming on "You, young lady, are going to finish every last drop of this soup" she glared at me as she places the bowl on the table.

I nodded and tried the soup. It was actually really good. It was chicken soup and vegetables. I'm not a huge fan of vegetables but I don't want another earful from Stella so I quickly finished the soup.

My nose was clear by the time I was done and I was sweating a lot. Stella places the back of her hand on my sweaty forehead and smiles "Thank goodness your fever is gone. Stubborn one you have there" she took the towel and wiped off my sweat "you don't have to do that Stella. I'll just go take a shower."

"Okay my sweet" she pulls my cheek and I gave her a small smile.

I wonder how Felix is feeling. Does he also have a fever? Should I take some soup to him too? I don't even know where he lives.

I shake my head as I took the duvet off me and grabbed my phone and speaker and went to the bathroom. I connected my phone and played Doja's album cause I just love her so much.

"Yeah yeah oh oh oh, baby I need to know oh"

I was singing along until the music died down and my phone started vibrating. I was already standing in the shower with soap in my eyes "hey Siri, answer the call"

"Answering FaceTime with unknown caller on speaker"

"What!?" FaceTime?

And then my heart almost popped out of its chest when I heard a deep raspy voice boom from the speakers in the bathroom"hello?" From non other than Felix.

My phone was facing the tub. It was very close to the shower but it couldn't show where I was standing butt naked.

"Harper, are you in the shower right now?" He asks, his voice sounding a lot more sick this time.

"Uh..I'm uh" My mind is too jumbled at his voice to even think about a reply.

"I'm sorry. I'll call back" he says quickly before the line went quiet.

My heart was drumming in my chest and my stomach was getting all mushy. Darn him and his incredibly attractive voice.

My mouth was opened and I was frozen in my spot under the shower. I put on the water and quickly finish taking my bath.

I took my phone after getting dressed in the green dress I got. Should I call him?

That was so embarrassing! Holy shit!

"Okay. I can do this..." I tapped his number and it rang for a few minutes before his jet black hair popped on my screen making my heart jump.

"Harper" he coughs and my heart ache seeing him so sick.

"Oh dear. You're sicker than I thought" I place my phone on my dresser so I can give life to my pale face. I didn't even think about it before deciding to call him.