From Bad To Worse

Meanwhile, on the surface it had started raining. The American superheroes fly away as Gabriel unknowingly smiles in expression and takes on the Eagle Miraculous as Liiri appears.

Liiri sighs in relief. ‘It's been a long time since we last stretched our wings, Gilbert! Gilbert?! Mr Marquis?’

Gabriel smirks. ‘I was right.’ Liiri gasps in shock and turns to look at Gabriel. ‘The jewel was indeed the Miraculous of the Eagle!’

‘You're not Gilbert!’ Liiri exclaims.

Gabriel grins. ‘I am your new master. Just like your former one, I have a great dream to achieve. And I believe you can help me.’

Liiri grows nervous. ‘Oh, you know, I'm just Liiri, the Kwami of freedom. My power is basically to free people from anything that prevents them from reaching their potential. Nothing too powerful!’ he laughs nervously.

‘Well, that potential is all I need to seize Ladybug and Cat Noir's Miraculous!’ Gabriel smirks evilly.
Liiri gasps in shock.

Meanwhile, back at the hotel, Ms. Mendeleiev calls the roll. ‘Adrien Agreste!’

‘Uh, here's not here, ma'am!’ Nino answers her.

‘Neither is Marinette or Luka!’ Alya added.

‘I really hope they’re all okay...’ Nino sighs.

‘Yeah, it looks like our little plan to make this a vacation to remember didn’t go according to plan’ Alya adds.
‘Yeah, Operation New York is turning out to be...’ Nino began.

‘More like Operation Nightmare...’ Alya said sadly.

Olympia, Barbara, Jess and Aeon appear back at the hotel too.
Barbara was angry with the girls. ‘You had one mission, to keep an eye on the French students!’

‘We did!’ Aeon replied. ‘And that's how we discovered Marinette and Luka were an item and consequently we wanted to help them so we created a supervillain in order to strengthen their feelings for each other.’

Barbara was enraged. ‘YOU DID WHAT?!?!’

Olympia put her hand on Barbara’s shoulder. ‘Barb, honey...’

Aeon was confused. ‘Mother, I don't understand. You always say that all that is necessary from the triumph of evil is that good people do nothing! What did I do wrong?’

Olympia sighed. ‘My darling, by trying to help them, you've put the French students and yourselves in great danger. Doing good doesn't necessary mean fighting.’

‘Yeah, maybe we're just trying to be helpful, because we had nothing better to do! We're not babysitters! We're super heroines!!’ Jess replied indignantly.

‘SUPERHEROES, WHOSE MISSION WAS TO KEEP AN EYE ON THE FRENCH STUDENTS, AND YOU FAILED IT!!! You're forbidden to take part in the hunt for Techno-Pirate! You're NOT ready to fly the nest!’ Barbara replied angrily.

Jess angrily shouts back at her. ‘How will I ever be ready if you never let me spread my wings?!!’

‘No one prohibits Ladybug and Cat Noir from fighting villains!!’ Aeon added.

‘And I almost lost you because of that’ Olympia replies, stroking Aeon’s face.
‘Come on, Olympia! We're expected.’ Barbara replies, before walking away.
Olympia pats Jess before walking away with Barbara. Jess and Aeon are left alone.

Meanwhile, Marinette slowly walks back to the hotel with Luka who reluctantly put on the Cat Miraculous so Plagg could appear.

Plagg looked sad. ‘This is all my fault. I should've stopped him from leaving!’ Plagg begins to cry.