Bookworm Defeated

Marinette was almost at school. She sighed happily.

‘You’re in good spirits Marinette!’ Tikki smiled at her from her purse.

‘It’s just nice to be able to get up early and be early to school for once, Tikki! Gone are the days when I used to be clumsy Marinette, always late for school Marinette and inarticulate Marinette. I’m turning over a new leaf!’

‘Good for you Marinette!’ Tikki smiles.
Suddenly Mari gets a message on her phone from Mylene: “Steer clear of the school library right now girls. Akumatised Librarian who goes by the name ‘Bookworm’ on the loose. If she stamps you, you can no longer touch books”

Mari sighs. ‘So much for my quiet morning Tikki.’ She quickly runs into school and into the girls’ restrooms which were empty and runs into a stall. ‘Tikki spots on!’ she says as she transforms into Ladybug.

Adrien meanwhile was being driven to school by his bodyguard, when he got the text on his phone from Ivan about Bookworm.

‘It’s such a nice day, can I walk the rest of the way?’ Adrien asks Maurice. He nods and smiles slightly and Adrien smiles.

‘Thanks' Adrien replies as the car pulls over and he gets out and once Maurice is out of sight, he slips into a secluded alleyway.

Plagg flies out of his jacket. ‘Trouble?’ he says.

‘Yep, a school librarian gone crazy. Plagg, claws out!’ Adrien says as he transforms into Cat Noir and leaps towards the school.

Cat Noir meets up with Ladybug in the library.

‘I hear we have an akumatised librarian on our hands!’ Cat Noir says.
‘Yes kitty, and she’s proving to be very difficult!’ Ladybug replies.

‘Hold still you little annoying bug so I can stamp you!’ Bookworm says.

‘I don’t think so!’ Ladybug replies, tying up her wrist with her yo-yo.

‘How dare you disrespect books, you and your alley cat hand over your miraculous now!’ Bookworm cried.

‘Not gonna happen crazy book lady!’ Cat Noir replies.

Bookworm broke free of Ladybug’s yo-yo. ‘I need to protect these books at all costs from the likes of you! You kids don’t know how to handle books correctly and with respect!’

‘Hey, I’ll have you know I have no black marks on my library card!’ Cat Noir replies. ‘Even though I am a black cat!’

Ladybug rolled her eyes.

‘Where do you think her akuma is?’ Cat Noir whispers to Ladybug.
‘My guess would be in her stamp. The one she’s using to stop people touching books’ Ladybug replied.

‘I concur! How do we get it?’ Cat Noir says.

‘Hmmm. Lucky Charm!’ Ladybug cries, as she throws her yo-yo up into the air.

She catches a flamethrower. ‘A flamethrower? What am I supposed to do with this?’ Ladybug asks.

‘Woah, that’s some serious firepower LB!’ Cat Noir winks.

Ladybug looks around and formulates a plan. ‘I have an idea!’ She whispers it to Cat Noir.

‘On it, LB!’ Cat Noir replies.

Cat Noir begins running down the aisles. ‘Oh no, I’m touching all the books! I hope I don’t get banned!’

Bookworm was angry. ‘How dare you! There’s only one way I’m going to be able to protect all these books!’ Bookworm replies. She uses her psychic powers and all the books start floating up into the air.