Chapter 7

The weeks began to drag on unbearably slowly. The only interesting to note about it was the fact about the Fallen Angels camping in the church at the edge of town. Thankfully, Rias and her peerage had taken care of them.

At the same time, she had gained a new piece in her peerage, and it was the nun Hyoudou was screaming about. It was kind of funny though. A nun joining Devils. It seemed like the big G of the bible wasn't doing a really good job at being God. The world was going to shit and the only things keeping it together were the other Gods of the world. 

Every day started to become mundane, go to school, kill strays, watch over the Genshirou siblings, and then sleep before repeating the entire thing. But I waited, day after day for my informant to tell me when and where to strike at the Cult that kidnapped me. That Cult, even though they put me through Hell, I had to thank them in some way.

If it wasn't for them, I wouldn't have met my true family. So for that, I'll make their end as swift as possible. 

"You're staring out into space again." I blinked and turned to see Tsubaki standing next to my desk with a slight frown.

I blinked before shrugging and turning to look out the window. "Eh, when you're as bored as me, you tend to drift off."

"Then why the frown?" Tsubaki stepped closer to me and got a whiff of her perfume.

"Don't people usually frown when they drift off?" She was getting a bit too close for my liking and I'm not used to forward women.

"No. People usually have dreamy or blank expressions when they daydream. You were thinking of something specific. It's not the first time I've seen you with that expression." I looked around and saw that the rest of the student council members except for Sona were staring at us. "That same expression has been with you since we met...You can-"

I abruptly stood up from my chair, sending it skidding backward. Everything went silent. Even Sona stopped writing her report to look at me with a raised eyebrow. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"May I be excused, Buchou?"

Sona studied my face for a few seconds but nodded her head nevertheless.

"You may."

I quickly walked out of the room without a word and made my way to the roof where I could be alone. I don't need to tell them about my past. I don't want...I don't need their pitying looks. Sighing softly, I leaned against the railing and stared out at Kuoh. Suddenly, the hair on the back of my neck stood up. I quickly whipped around and summoned a Vajra only to see a white snake with red eyes and a strange symbol on its head staring straight at me.

"For Satan's sake. Every damn time." I unsummoned the Vajra and took a calming breath.

The informant had an annoying habit of sending the white snake that always put me on edge. I'd never met them in person, but their intel was solid and I was never led astray. Obviously, I don't trust them, but they somehow found the location of the Cult and that was all that mattered.

I kneeled down in front of the snake and steeled myself. The creature opened its mouth, revealing its fangs then lunged forward and bit my arm. A strange sensation tingled through my body and then my vision went white.

I saw it...I saw where they were...The visions, it shows me everything. There's a fort, old, crumbling on the outside, but inside it was the opposite. The Eye that haunted my dreams was everywhere, watching everything. Everywhere you turned, there was an Eye. There's an altar and many robbed men. It seemed like these were the last of the Cult. They were gearing up for a final assault.

They were not gonna stop me. I'm gonna kill them all. The Sons of the Mahabharata's days are numbered.

I know where to go. 

The vision began to drown away and I felt that strange presence again. It was a heavy presence that made my throat tighten as if something was trying to choke the life out of me. But it disappeared as soon as it came.

Once the vision was fully gone, I found myself lying on my back on the roof of the school, the snake gone without a trace.

"I don't like what that snake is doing to you." A faint purple glow appeared on the back of my hand.

"Well, look who decided to grace me with their presence. What, you got tired of lounging around?"

"I'm serious. I don't remember how many times now this snake has injected its magic into your system, but it's becoming even more difficult to purge it or even devour it." Vritra sounded worried but I pushed it to the back of my mind.

"If you have any other ideas on how to track down the Cult, then by all means, I'm all ears."

"..."

"Yep, I thought so. We have no contacts in India whatsoever, so I will take whatever I can get...By whatever means necessary." 

Laying my hand flat on the ground, my black flames scorched the floor and created a circle. Once the circle glowed, I stood in it and thought of my destination. 

Bhangarh Fort.

There was a flash of light and I was gone from the rooftop of Kuoh Academy. Once the light dimmed, all I saw in front of me was an old fort and the shimmering glow around it meant that there was a barrier around. Two Cult members stood at the entrance doors that led to the fort. As soon as they saw me, they got into fighting stances and pulled out their weapons. The one on the left unsheathed his khandar while the other equipped two katars.

"He is here, just as predicted." The second struck his two katars, creating sparks that fell to the floor.

Suddenly, the sparks created a flame on the ground that began to spread out around the base. Torches suddenly were lit and the cry of a thousand men echoed.

A grin formed on my face and I summoned my gear.

"Yeah, this wouldn't have gone any other way. Saves me the effort of looking for you. Now come on!"
****