➳ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞 ~ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐥𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐨𝐫𝐲

This final dedication goes for the entire book, and it's dedicated to the dreamers, the memory makers, and all those that refuse to let the dominos fall.
Thank you ♥️♥️♥️

(4th May 1978)

The street was quiet when they arrived with a soft crack. Nobody saw them cross the vacant roads, or through the back alleys of London. Nobody was around to question the two rumpled looking boys and the purple haired girl running across the city, boots slamming on the cobbled roads, slightly wet from a burst of rain earlier in the day. Raindrops soared into the sky in time with their footfalls, but nobody saw.

As they approached a red telephone box, overlooking a derelict building, the tallest boy motioned for them to stop. The other two ground to a halt, he placed a finger to his lips.
"Wait here," the boy, James, whispered urgently.

Now they'd stopped running, their surroundings came into focus. They had arrived in London, and the building in front of them was not abandoned, it was the Ministry of Magic, disguised from the muggle eye.

"I don't mean to be rude, James, but how do you plan on getting us in?" Sirius Black asked, his cynical gray eyes filled with worry and doubt as he cast them towards the Ministry.
"We don't know who's on our side in there, if someone sees us and word spreads to the wrong ears– we're in very deep shit."

Once again, James pressed a finger to his lips and Sirius fell silent.
"We're waiting for someone to leave for the night. When they do, I want you to stun them."

"And I'll copy their looks?" It was the first time Esme-Leigh had spoken since they'd arrived in London, her eyes were sparkling with her friend's genius but her brow was still creased with worry.

"Exactly. That way you can act as a lookout and we don't need the cloak."

"If we knew you were such a genius, we'd have let you plan way more pranks. Remus will shit himself."

"Shut up, Padfoot."

Sirius grumbled but did not argue.

The three of them waited, the building appeared to be completely silent and they were about to abandon their idea when a lone woman exited the through the postbox lift.

"Target acquired," Sirius whispered, aiming his wand at her, "stupify."

The woman collapsed to the ground, immediately. Impressively quickly.
"Umm... guys?" Sirius ventured as they approached the body carefully, "is it just me, or did this old looking lady go down a little too fast for a light stunning spell?"

Esme shrugged, "maybe you misjudged her weight?"

"Maybe."

They stood in a semi-circle, watching the unconscious witch for a beat before casting the strangeness out of their minds.
"Okay, back off. I need a good look at her before I can copy her looks accurately."