➳ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 ~ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐧

We are very much nearing the end, meaning I'm running out of friends and therefore this chapter is dedicated to someone. Anyone. I literally don't care. It's pretty shit as far as updates go so it's probably a good thing no-one gets it.
♥️♥️♥️

The shadows crawled across the street, sneaking along back alleys and through windows

A gap in the stones and the shadows were in.

They were in pores, gaps, holes, everywhere. The shadows crept a sinister line across the darkened street. None of the lamps were working and she assumed it wasn't an accident.

Like times previous, the shadows reached the window. It must have been hers this time. The window was open.

On the ground was a silhouette, smiling up at the window.

Lucifer.

(3rd May 1978)

(3rd May 1978)

Lily was unsure if the cause of her sudden jolt awake was from the searing pain of the necklace resting on her collar bone or from the light tappings on her window. All she did know was that neither could he good.

Shadows coated her room as she stood up to investigate the source of the noise; her necklace pulsing like a painful second heartbeat.

She saw him sitting on her window ledge and Lily sighed a deep breath before opening her window.
James clambered through with the sort of dexterity that only James Potter could in such an unbecoming task. As soon as he was on his feet, James took her face in both hands and began examining her for what she assumed was injury.

"Lily listen to me, this is going to sound crazy but I need you to stick with me—"

"—I'm in danger."

Stunned, James pulled away, stopping his movements to consider her.
"Yes. It's a lot to explain right now but there are snatchers after you. Tonight."

Tonight.

It nearly made sense.
Lily played with the word snatcher in her mind. The missing children, the shadows, Lucifer.