➳ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 ~ 𝐀 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐥𝐥, 𝐀 𝐆𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 & 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫

For this chapter's dedication we're gonna do two: one for witchasm thank you for replying, you have a beautiful account! And secondly to fantasticmrprongs I know you've already had a dt but you've asked twice and basically own this book by this point. Thanks for sticking with me.
♥️♥️♥️

Shadows creep across the pavement, consuming everything in their path, even the pools of amber light that the lampposts emit

Shadows creep across the pavement, consuming everything in their path, even the pools of amber light that the lampposts emit. Puddles of rainwater dot across the street, some reflected the orange light, making the water appear more like whiskey. They too are swaddled in shadows.

The shadows spread further across the pavement until they approach a house, perhaps hers, perhaps another's. Houses around here tend to look similar. The window of the house is open, a curtain flapping in the wind, inviting the shadows with a misplaced, merry flourish.

All she can do is scream as she watches the shadow reach the open window. It's possible she does not even have a body, only eyes with which to observe the sinister being bathe it's surroundings in darkness.

A figure stands on the pavement, in the dark, his shadow casting ugly projections onto the concrete, growing arms and legs, fangs and teeth. The figure stands behind the only remaining light, seemingly perfectly peaceful, or perhaps poised...

A smile creeps onto the figure's face and it becomes obvious who it is.

Lucifer grins.

(2nd May 1978)

(2nd May 1978)

Lily woke with a start. The sheets of her bed were damp with sweat and her hair felt matted against her head. Normally when Lily dreamt like this, the memory would subside soon after she opened her eyes; the details would blur and would all just become a whisper in the back of her mind.

But that day it was different. That day, every single baleful detail was printed on her mind like a tattoo. Dark and sinister.

Lily breathed a heaving sigh, long and arduous. The sun had already risen by the time she'd awoken, and the clock by her bedside told Lily she had overslept.