Steve placed the demodog inside the fridge. He was having trouble shoving it inside the fridge. "Don't just stand there; help me," Steve told Dustin.

Pushing the demodog as further as Steve could, Dustin quickly pushed the door shut.

Once Steve noticed that the door wouldn't open back up, he turned to face Dustin, "If anyone asks, I'm blaming you," Steve said, pointing his index finger at the younger boy.

"What are you scared of Jules," Dustin teased.

"No," he said, looking away. Dustin laughed as Steve walked to where the rest of the kids were.

By the time Steve got to the living room, Mike was pacing, worried about El. "Listen, dude, a coach calls a play in the game bottom line you execute it," Steve said.

"Okay, first of all, this isn't some stupid sports game, and second we're not even in the game. We're on the bench," Mike said, annoyed, looking at Steve.

"Right, yeah, we're on the bench, so, uh, there's nothing we can do," Steve said, cleaning his hands with a blue towel.

The kids ignored Steve and started to think of a way they could help.

"Maybe we can if we get their attention; maybe we can draw them from the lab."

"And clear a path to the lab."

"Yeah, and then we all die," Steve said, raising his voice.

"Well, that's one point of view."

"No, that's not a point of view, man, that's a fact," Steve argued with Dustin.

"Maybe if we set this on fire," said Mike standing on top of a drawing that connected to all the tunnels.

She was right about the drawings; they had a meaning behind them.

The kids were getting excited as they were coming up with a plan.

Steve shook his head, "this is not happening," he said, clapping his hands getting the attention of the kids.

"I promised I'd keep you shitheads safe, and that's exactly what I plan on doing. We're staying here on the bench."

"This isn't a stupid sport game," Mike argued. "Does everyone understand that," Steve said firmly, looking at each one of the kids. None of the kids said anything.

Julia smiled, seeing Steve take charge and act more mature than what she had seen him act in school.

"I need a yes," Steve said with one hand on his hip.

Max heard a familiar sound coming from outside. Max looked out the window "it's Billy; he can't know I'm here; he will kill us," Max said, sounding serious.

Billy got out of his car wearing a leather jacket.

Before Billy knocked on the door, Steve got out of the house.

Julia couldn't hear the conversation "hey, get away from the window," Julia said, getting the attention from the kids who were looking at the older boys from the window. The kids moved down "sorry," they mumbled.

"Stay here. I'll be right back," she told the kids as she walked to the door.

Walking outside, she heard Billy speak. She had seen him in the halls, how every girl was drooling for him. She has two classes with him, but they have never talked. There's nothing she had to say to him.

"A little birdie told me she was here," he said as she started to walk closer to them.

Hearing footsteps, Steve looked behind him.