018

Julia was two months pregnant. She still looked normal; her stomach wasnt showing yet.

No one in school suspected anything other than the fact that she was spending a lot of time with Steve. Rumors started spreading that they were dating.

Julia's classmates knew that Nancy, Steve's ex-girlfriend, was dating Jonathan; they automatically assumed because Steve was single and spending more time with Julia, they were dating. When in reality, they weren't dating.

They were more of acquaintances, but they were seen together most of the time since they were going to have a child.

After denying the rumors of having a romantic relationship with Steve and no one believing her, she stopped caring what others were saying.

She wouldn't be able to convince them that they were only friends, and with her belly growing with each week it would be harder to keep the rumors to a minimum.

Her morning sickness stopped for about a week, which she was grateful for.

She was able to focus on her classes without bringing attention to herself. Her body was letting her rest, but it soon stopped when she woke up at 4 in the morning with a sick feeling coming from her stomach.

Quickly half asleep, Julia opened the door of the guest room in Steve's house and went into the restroom without even turning on the lights.

She threw up in the toilet, hoping she didn't miss. The back of her throat burned as she threw up again.

Hearing noise from outside his room, Steve woke up and jogged to the restroom, hitting his shoulder on the door frame.

He turned on the restroom light and saw how Julia was kneeling by the toilet.

She gagged and held her stomach with her right hand.

Steve, without thinking, went to her side and held her hair back, moving it out of her way.

He gently moved his hand in a circular motion on her back.

This symptom was one of the ones she hated the most so far in her pregnancy.

Julia didn't want to move, scared she might throw up again; after a few more minutes of the nauseating feeling slowly fading, she mumbled, "I think I'm done."

Steve helped her get up and flush the toilet for her as she went to the sink and rinsed her mouth.

Once her face was clean and all signs that she threw up for the last twenty minutes were gone from her face, she brushed her teeth as well.

She knew she wouldn't be able to go back to sleep and school started in only a few hours.

Steve handed her a towel to dry her mouth. "I'm sorry for waking you up," Julia said as she grabbed the gray towel from Steve's hand.

"Don't worry. I was already up" as soon as those words left his mouth, he yawned. 

"You should go back to bed." she insisted, knowing how tired he was.

He looked exhausted as he shook his head, "I won't be able to go back to sleep."

Getting out of the restroom, he asked, "are you hungry."

Sometimes she got extremely hungry after throwing up. Other times she couldn't even have food near her, or she would feel nauseous.

"I could eat," she nodded slowly.

Steve smiled at her "what are you craving," he asked, leaning against the wall, waiting for Julia.

Julia thought for a second, bringing her hand to her chin.
"Scrambled eggs with toast and," her eyes shined when she said, "with a bowl of fruit." Her mouth was watering, thinking about the food.

Steve had hoped she would just say something simple, like cereal.

"I can do that," he said, not sounding too confident.

He didn't do most of the cooking around, but he wanted to do something nice for Julia.

The pair was in the kitchen. Steve was trying to do the eggs and toast while Julia was washing the fruit.

Julia washed two red apples and grapes. She set the apples on the kitchen counter and started cutting them.

Once they were cut into slices, she placed them inside the two separate bowls.

She took the grapes out of the stem and added them to the bowls.

She set the table while Steve was struggling not to burn the eggs.

Noticing that Steve needed help, she walked up to him and helped him with the toast before he set the house on fire.

She was grateful for Steve and how much he had done for her in the short amount of time they had been hanging out.

Spending the last month in his house, she found out Steve didn't know how to cook a lot of things, but he was trying.

She could see how hard he was trying for her and their baby.

Julia would occasionally help him out, making it a team effort. Other times she didn't know how to cook certain food, and they learned together.

Almost burning the house in the process; lucky it never got that bad. Little by little, their weird relationship was working.

Once Steve was done, he set the eggs on each plate, adding more to Julia's plate with the toast on the side.

"I'm starving," Julia confessed, not wanting until they were in the diner room to take a bite out of the toast.

While the two teens were in the kitchen eating their breakfast, at 5:30 am, the ultrasound picture of Julia, 8 weeks pregnant, which Rose gave them earlier in the week, was hanging on the fridge of Steve's house.

The baby's body was still tiny. It looked like a little a nugget, according to Steve.

Julia and Steve talked about school, and how in a few months, they would graduate High School

Steve was excited to finally leave that place.

It didn't seem real to Julia. Before finding out she was pregnant, she was excited about graduating and leaving this town behind, but now things changed, and her plans weren't going as she thought.

There were still a lot of things she needed to figure out in her life, but right now, her primary focus was her burnt scrambled eggs, her half-eaten fruit bowl, and a sweet boy with warm brown eyes.