3.3

Aurora hadn't been able to feel warmth in years

    Aurora hadn't been able to feel warmth in years. She is neither hot nor cold to herself. To the humans, she's freezing. To the wolves, she's ice cold. To other vampires, they're neither warm nor cold.

     But as annoyed as she was at the hot-headed man, something about him warmed her like a summer's sun.

    Whether it be the way he so easily made her laugh or maybe even the way he made her vast existence seem less lonely.

    Who knows?

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

    Light footsteps sound through the surrounding forest, the faint scent of ash following. She ran towards it, crashing into a smaller figure.

    "Liz?" Aurora asked as they stood from the ground, "What brings you here?"

The younger girl sighed, smoke coming from her nose, "Alice called, she said you guys could use my help with newborns?"

"Why do you smell like a wet dog? It's disgusting." She added as her nose scrunched with distaste.

"First, don't scrunch your nose at your elders, it's rude," Aurora scolded with a shake of her head, "That "wet dog" smell is most likely to be a shifter."

    "Enough with the small talk, I was just on my way to a graduation." She grinned at the younger girl, offering a hand, "Come along, you can help me cheer for my siblings."

- - ┈┈∘┈˃̶༒˂̶┈∘┈┈ - -

    Sitting in a gymnasium, surrounded by the beating hearts of humans was not the most convenient place to be but the happy smiles on her family's faces made it worth it.

    Stepping up to the post as valedictorian was Jessica, "When we were five, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up..."

    "Our answers were things like astronaut, president..." She continued with a smile, "Or in my case, princess. When we were ten, they asked again and we answered – a rock star, cowboy, or in my case, gold medalist. But now that we've grown up, they want a serious answer. Well, how 'bout this: who the hell knows?!"

    Loud hoots and cheers come from the various graduates in the crowd, a whistle coming from Elizabeth beside her.

    "This isn't the time to make hard and fast decisions, it's the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train, and get stuck somewhere chill. Fall in love – a lot," Jessica's smile grew impossibly wide, her words catching Aurora's attention, immediately bringing a hot-headed boy to mind, "Major in philosophy because there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind. Then change it again, because nothing is permanent..."