2.4

To fall in love was an odd thing to do, to hand your heart over to your special someone in trust of them not crushing it

Bella became co-dependent on Edward and now Jacob.

    She had invited him and another friend to the movies and then hadn't spoken to him since.

    While Bella was to deal with being ghosted, Aurora was to deal with the shifters and vampires in the area.

     They were still wary around her as she was to them. She was a blood-sucking vampire close to their land and they were vicious to vampires and they very much outnumbered her.

    She would be overwhelmed by the smell of wet dog every time Bella would come back from La Push. From Jacob.

    A voice suddenly snaps Aurora out of her thoughts, "Jacob. Please. Call me."

    Charlie walked in to see the girl leaning her forehead on the phone and gives the girl a concerned look, "Harry and I will be back by three-"

    "It's mono, Bells." Charlie sighs as he lays his hand on her shoulder.

    "He's too sick to even call?" Bella exclaims weakly.

    "Sickness makes your immune system weaker, Bella, he's most likely on bed rest," Aurora tells her attempting to calm her frustrations.

    "You just gotta wait it out," Charlie tells her, patting her shoulder.

    After a silent few seconds, he tells her, "You know, I don't have to go fishing..."

    "No, go. I'll call Jess or Aurora and I'll hang out." Bella informs him, forcing a smile.

    "Good. But stay here or at Jess's. No hikes or anything. We're issuing a warning about those bears." Charlie commands them, earning a nod from Bella

    "If you go home, leave a note," Charlie tells Aurora halfway out the door, earning another nod.

    Bella waits until Charlie's cruiser pulls out of their driveway before pulling on her jacket and then a map and compass.

    "And where are you going?" Aurora asked her raising a brow.

    "His..our meadow.." Bella mumbled looking out of it.

    "Bella I'm not going to let you go into the woods alone..especially after what Charlie just told you."

    "I'll come along." Aurora hesitantly adds after a pleasing look from the human.

    As they make their way through the woods, Aurora lets Bella lead.

    They try many trails and none of them are right.

    Aurora would have offered to lead her but Edward never let any of them to his special meadow, it was his quiet place and they respected that.

    Bella continues down another trail, trapped within her mind, looking gloomy.