Arc I: Chapter IV

Start from the beginning

I didn't want to reject him.. I didn't want to push him away..
For whatever reason that may be.

And so, he walked in and closed the door.
Instead of walking into 'my' room, he asked me from the doorway.

"Have you eaten yet? If not, shall I make something for you?"

...

*ba-dump*

'Has someone.. Ever asked me that?'
I didn't know.. Either we ate together or someone missed it, not eating at all.

For some reason..
My chest felt warm and I unconsciously smiled, while cheerfully answering him.

"Please.. I'd love that."

Either I was imaginating it or imaginating it..
Because, I could've sworn I heard a heavenly quiet chuckle.
It was music to my ears for some reason..

Then after that, I heard scurring noises and cooking noises.. He was making me food!!

I felt.. Happy at this moment.. Though at the same time, a dreadful feeling built up in my gut..
'This peace and happiness won't last.. Will it?'

Every time I felt happy.. That happiness quickly disappeared..As if reality was laughing at me, ridiculing me, spitting in my face and telling me my efforts were worthless..
Further proving that my eyes were proof, of my curse. That I was the cause of all the suffering happening around me.. Me. All on me..

'I'm scared.. I don't want that to happen.. Not again.'
Before I knew it, I buried my head in between my legs and was silently crying. Totally haven forgotten about the beauty.

However, at some point.. My nose picked up on a certain smell..It pulled me out of my depressing thoughts. Bringing me back to the current situation.. I quickly wiped my tears away and prepared for the meal.

A delicious scent. I don't know how it did it, but it successfully distracting me from my thought process.

My eyes shot up with anticipation and I unconsciously gulped.. Anticipation filling my eyes.

I didn't know it before but.. I was hungry.. My stomach- starting making noises!!

'Oh how embarrassing-!! What if he heard tha-'

As if reading my thoughts he stated with amusement lacing his voice.
"It seems you're quite hungry. Excuse my lateness."

AHHHHHHHHH

I swear- he'll make my heart stop one day!!

"So, you want it.. or not?"

...

"Of course I want it!!"
I couldn't help but to shout out due to fear of the food disappearing.

"Pfft-Bwhahaha-"
He- laughed???

...

Wait...

HE'S LAUGHING AT ME-!!

I was about to just take the food from his hands and push him out.. But.. I don't mind seeing him like this.. It made me.. Happy.

..Happy?

HAPPY???

I can't help but feel like that something's wrong with me.
Horribly wrong with me.. I keep acting so unlike myself around him.. Then again, I don't really know myself. All these feelings, are foreign to me.. Yet, they aren't to bad. I felt.. Contend?

Why am I like this? I've never acted like this.. Why.. Does this feel so, natural?

I honestly didn't want to care anymore at this point.. I didn't want to think about it.. I just wanted to laugh and be happy, so I decided to let go of my worries for now and.. Laugh.